BillOh

Full face snorkel mask (THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT)

Just got back from Bonaire, where I dove in the morning and then went snorkeling in the afternoon with my wife and friends. A few weeks before our cruise my wife saw this on Facebook and ask me to get it for her.

fullmask.gif

She tried it and loved it. The photo above is on my website and not a link to a particular vendor.

What is your website?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should have stated that differently the picture is just a file on a hosting site I built web pages on and for posting pics here.

My wife and youngest daughter switched to these last year, they love them.

So happy to see the good reviews. I've seen them on Facebook. I want to buy one for my husband first, because I am claustrophobic.

Thanks for sharing.

I was looking for snorkels for my daughter and granddaughter for a cruise this past January and my sister recommended these. I got them for them and my daughter loved it, my granddaughter preferred the regular kind so I would use her face mask and she would use my goggles. I borrowed it for my next cruise. You don't feel claustrophobic... in fact, they are much more comfortable then regular goggles.

Costco had them now.... For a better price then i paid, but in limited sizes.

I have a mustache and wonder if these would be better. I usually take Vaseline and apply before the mask so that it seals better but looks like these may be better.

I have a mustache and wonder if these would be better. I usually take Vaseline and apply before the mask so that it seals better but looks like these may be better.

It might work good for you, you can probably still get it before your cruise.

OH!

It might work good for you, you can probably still get it before your cruise.

OH!

Yep, good ole Amazon will have one to me in a couple days.

IO! ;p:D

It would be.

These masks are fabulous!

I never had much success with a traditional snorkel and mask.

These are so easy to use.

I have asthma and aren't supposed to snorkel, according to cruise ship excursions. I've never had any trouble before though, and have been doing it for years.

I read on a review for one kind that these make you work harder to breathe, but this person mentioned going under the water while using it. I rarely go under, and if so, not deep.

Those of you that have used them, do you find it harder to breathe with them? Thanks in advance.

Any specific brand you like better? Tribord? Head. So many out there!

I bought my wife a Tribord for our last cruise. The mouth piece on a traditional snorkel always hurt her mouth and the masks always seemed to leak and were uncomfortable. She loved it and was in the water longer than she'd ever been before. I borrowed it a couple times and thought it was very comfortable and easy to use.

For floating around on the surface they are great. They are not made for free diving however. You can go down about 10 feet or so but there is no way to equalize the pressure in your ears. Also as soon as the snorkel part gets under water it closes so you aren't sucking in water or have to blow it out afterwards.

Mike and I bought Tribords for our last trip to Aruba in May. Used them for snorkeling at Baby Beach, and absolutely loved them. As others have said, would not work for anything more than surface snorkeling, which is what we do, but otherwise, fantastic!

We bought Head full face masks & love them. We scooted down to the bottom of the pool (about 15') & didn't have any ear issues. Glad we got them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're looking at these and wanted to know for those that used them this summer, anything new to add? Also, what was the verdict on the mustache? My DH has a goatee and the tradional goggle mask always leaks. Thanks!

Our daughter's boyfriend has a mustache & goatee & he says he'll never use a regular Snorkel again. Loves his full face Snorkel no leaks

Edited by awhfy

Thanks, AWHFY. Just what I wanted to know. Now to focus on the brand. Tribord or Ocean Quest. I see your first cruise was on the Norway. Mine too - what a beauty! Hooked ever since.

Triboard or Head. We have Head 3f50511f9d41a90f192e7dff9dc98982.jpg44495120b40fe11552e455e0dadfdf24.jpg

When Amazon had the Prime day, I bought a Triboard based on reviews I had read about the different brands. So far, I've used it in our pool, and I really like it. It does seem like it is a little harder to breathe, but that may be just the getting used to it.

One of our instructors purchased one because so many students has asked. He gave it a thumbs down. When you looked down, the snorkel went underwater.

Hope it works out for you all. It really seems like a great idea.

Compozer, we don't have issues diving. The Snorkel seals when you dive

That is good! He must have a different type. Maybe it is an older model, I will have to check it out.

Enjoy

There are many different types. Ours are Head. Triboard is also a good brand. I don't think I'd dive too deep with it, but I've submerged over 15 feet with mine & still had a dry face

I have asthma and aren't supposed to snorkel, according to cruise ship excursions. I've never had any trouble before though, and have been doing it for years.

I read on a review for one kind that these make you work harder to breathe, but this person mentioned going under the water while using it. I rarely go under, and if so, not deep.

Those of you that have used them, do you find it harder to breathe with them? Thanks in advance.

While in Bonaire last year my wife used the full mask that was supplied. She was actually able to really snorkel and enjoy it for the first time. We then bought them for ourselves this past Christmas. We bought the Triborg model. My wife once again loved it. I did not, found it hard to breath, not sure why although i had read a few reviews where some folks found it harder to breath. I used mine for maybe 15 minutes and had to go back to the boat, take it off and use one of their traditional snorkel masks. Once we got back to port i went to a dive shop and bought a traditional snorkel and mask. I'm one of the few who did not like it but again my wife lovers hers! FYI, I do have a goatee and mustache and can say that was not an issue.

I tried one from Amazon and didn't like it. It even had a place to attach your GoPro, but I couldn't get a reliable seal, and in the waves I was choking. No bueno

Got mine today. Tribord brand. Very easy to use in my pool. Hopefully it will be as comfortable off the ABC's next year!!!

My husband and brother had some from amazon they used 2 weeks ago. Loved them. My husband said he's buying his own he will never snorkel again with out this type

I read that there is a new version of the Tribord mask for 2017. How do you know that you are purchasing the newest version? Is there a big difference? Also how do you know that you are purchasing an authentic Tribord and not a knock-off?

So happy to have found this review! Taking my 3 kids on their first cruise in January, and thinking these would be great Christmas presents. Only problem is now you all have me debating which route to go for myself.

I read that there is a new version of the Tribord mask for 2017. How do you know that you are purchasing the newest version? Is there a big difference? Also how do you know that you are purchasing an authentic Tribord and not a knock-off?

It appears that the new version has a GoPro camera mount and the old version doesn't. They are on Amazon and labeled as "New Version 2017" for about $60.

...and thanks for mentioning the new version, I was looking for one with a GoPro mount and since my wife already has a Tribord which works very well I would prefer to stick with that brand.

My son and I decided to try it out -- we loved it -- but my husband found that he became out of breath with the special breathing apparatus that keeps the water out.

thanks so much for this! the only thing i disliked about snorkeling was that water kept leaking into my mask and going straight up my nose! buying one of these for sure.