Can a future cruise deposit bought now be used for something booked earlier?

Vexorg

My wife and I currently have a booking for a cruise in December, for which I used a future cruise credit in my name that I bought previously. My wife did not have any future cruise credits on Princess when we made the booking, so the rest of the deposit was paid on a card. We are going on the Emerald Princess Vancouver to Seattle 1-night this weekend, and have the opportunity to purchase another future cruise credit at that time. If my wife buys a credit, would she be able to apply it to the existing booking and get the onboard credit for it?

If a cabin you like is still available, you can cancel your existing booking and re-book using your future cruise deposits. We did that recently.

I'm thinking of doing this. I want to book now and purchase a FCD when we are on our cruise in October. Is it possible to get your same cabin when you cancel the existing reservation and rebook? Or do you have to select another cabin?

I purchased 2 FCDs for each of us while on our last cruise. Wish I bought 3!

I was told no by my travel agent. We are booked for Sept and I planned on purchasing FCD for a cruise in 2019 that is already booked. She said she could re-book that cruise if it was cheaper and apply them though. It's a thought. I just don't want to look my balcony at the very back of the ship!

I'm thinking of doing this. I want to book now and purchase a FCD when we are on our cruise in October. Is it possible to get your same cabin when you cancel the existing reservation and rebook? Or do you have to select another cabin?

!

It depends on how you do it. We were able to cancel and re-book after a price drop. but lost the cabin we had originally, we only moved a couple of doors along the passage. If you were booked in a specific cabin that someone had put a "claim" on then it could go to them as soon as the cancellation was in the pipeline.

It depends on how you do it. We were able to cancel and re-book after a price drop. but lost the cabin we had originally, we only moved a couple of doors along the passage. If you were booked in a specific cabin that someone had put a "claim" on then it could go to them as soon as the cancellation was in the pipeline.

Thanks Mike! I plan to rebook after I purchase another FCD and when I see a promotion I like. I will set my expectation that I may need to be flexible on cabin selection.