E Tickets - Documents for First Time after A Longtime...

BklynBoy8

Hi All,

After not sailing for 8 years going on a cruise soon.

We have not dealt with E Tickets - Documents - Luggage Tag.

When you are notified by email, how easy are they to print out? Do they need to be printed in B&W or Color?

How close to the sailing date do you get notified to go to the Voyage Personalizer?

Really miss the old days of thick envelopes or white mailing envelopes.

Any information about this part of the documents would be appreciated.

My experience was, I got the email notification about a month ahead. (20 days min, 40 days max)

Usually, you just need the page that's marked as the boarding pass. That one is the important one. The guards at the dock gate will ask you to show it as you pull up in your vehicle.

And I think you can already print out the bag tags. My tags appeared right after I made a deposit. :cool:

Wherever you're going, enjoy! :)

Maybe each line in the Carnival family does notification differently? :confused:

My only experience with edocs has been with HAL.

Last time I sailed Cunard , I got the real ticket pack with everything included. ( I miss those days. :loudcry::mad:)

Hello BklynBOY, Black & White for your printed luggage labels will be OK . You might also be interested looking on line ( Amazon etc) and purchase those clear/plastic ( cruise) luggage label holders. Most folk these days find these useful as they protect the paper labels.

Hello BklynBOY, Black & White for your printed luggage labels will be OK . You might also be interested looking on line ( Amazon etc) and purchase those clear/plastic ( cruise) luggage label holders. Most folk these days find these useful as they protect the paper labels.

Or if you have a laminator, that protects the labels as well.

Appreciate all the help and experiences all gave me.

We are now down to the last 4-5 week before sailing date and some people are getting pre-sailing documents via postal mail and also asking to print documents in the Voyage Personalizer.

It this normal receiving sailing information by two different modes (electronic and postal mail)

Some have received information as long as ten days ago.

Haven't sailed for 8 years and still use to the old way - handling documents.

We are now down to the last 4-5 week before sailing date and some people are getting pre-sailing documents via postal mail and also asking to print documents in the Voyage Personalizer.

It this normal receiving sailing information by two different modes (electronic and postal mail)

Some people get postal delivery of some documents including luggage tags and some do not, but everyone has to print out their e-ticket as this has not been included with any documents that I have received since before 2008 - or maybe earlier.

Some have said they have never been asked for the e-ticket at embarkation, but from my experience there is a 50% chance. If you qualify for priority check-in (Grills or Platinum or Diamond) it is good to have the e-ticket handy.

Some people get postal delivery of some documents including luggage tags and some do not,

People who have paid the full Cunard fare and have chosen their cabin, get the printed luggage tags in the back of the excursion booklet. If you pay for a saver fare/guarantee and you therefore don't have a cabin number, you don't get the tags and have to print them off yourselves.

For my last few cruises, we have had to show our e-tickets. We didn't used to have to though.

We depart Southampton June 7. We received our luggage tags in the mail at least 6 weeks ago...we had been assigned a cabin. A couple of times recently we arrived without luggage tags and the porters were able to provide them at the port. And as others have written, e-ticket on personalizer.