Additional cruises

khurley20

I think Viking delayed posting 2018 cruises far too long. Six of us were planning to book an Oct 2018 Med cruise but itineraries were not released. We book an Oceania Med/Transatlantic cruise about two months ago for Nov 2018..

Right! I just saw one for the "Northern Lights" in 2019.

Save

I'm disappointed that this cruise doesn't yet appear available to those of us living in the UK. :(

SaveSave

Right! I just saw one for the "Northern Lights" in 2019.

Save

Hello Andrea, are you thinking of going on the Northern Lights cruise? I think we are booking it in the next couple of days, the March 2 one as there is a new moon during that time period and that's supposed to provide better conditions for seeing the lights. Hope you'll be on the cruise!

A question: which travel insurance company do you use when you do the "segment" purchase (first cover the deposit, then add more coverage as you pay more into the cruise)? Thank you.

Kristen Skivington

Met you on the New Year's "almost cruise"

Hello Andrea, are you thinking of going on the Northern Lights cruise? I think we are booking it in the next couple of days, the March 2 one as there is a new moon during that time period and that's supposed to provide better conditions for seeing the lights. Hope you'll be on the cruise!

A question: which travel insurance company do you use when you do the "segment" purchase (first cover the deposit, then add more coverage as you pay more into the cruise)? Thank you.

"

Kris, hi. How are you? Yes, I am looking at Northern Lights (and at Australia) but I'm not sure if I can get DH to agree to Northern Lights. He teaches a class during the winter which makes it hard for him to travel plus he will say that we have already done those ports on Midnight Sun (which we loved--links to photos in my signature). If we did do it, it would be the March 2 sailing as well, because the timing is better. Friends did a land tour this past March to see the Northern Lights; they were in ski gear the whole time they were in Tromso. How long will the days be above the Arctic Circle?

As for the insurance, we use Travel Guard on a plan that my TA offers (a variation of the Travel Guard Gold) and she handles it all. We buy the policy and then increase the coverage amount as we plunk down more cash; by the time we have paid in full, the policy covers the full amount of the trip --including what we have paid for airfare (because we are doing our own insurance and not using the policy that Viking offers because it only covers what Viking is supplying).

BTW, we are booked for Barcelona to Barcelona again over New Years. Maybe this time we will have better luck.

I am looking at Northern Lights.

You are definitely an bad influence! I saw this yesterday and thought "I didn't know they had added a Northern Lights" cruise, hmmm, have to check it out. Booked it today!