Alaska Newbie

Emerald Princess

Any thoughts good or bad on the Emerald Princess.

Have started to look at the California Coastal from Vancouver, round trip.

Thank you.

Too many cruise choices!

Not sailed on her recently but we've been on her twice and she's a beautiful ship. Beautiful decor, lots of bars, lots of places to eat, and there's always a quiet place to relax :)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't sailed Emerald yet but we are booked for 28 days in October and had no reservations about the ship at all.

Just off two weeks ago. An excellent cruise with a friendly engaged crew. Especially thought the Vines, SHARE and Adagio staff were fantastic.

Sailed the Emerald for 14 days last Sept. in Europe & 3.5 years ago on a TA.

Really enjoyed the ship. Love the aft pool -- adults only!

The "3 sisters" (Ruby, Emerald, Crown) are my favorites.

Sailed on Emerald this past February/March from Auckland to Sydney and we had an incredible time. The ship was in excellent condition and the staff was top-notch. Food was impeccable, and we particularly enjoyed our meals at SHARE and The Salty Dog. :)

Just got assigned to cabin B709 on Emerald. 123 days out I'm a bit surprised to have a cabin assignment. We had a BF gty and ended up in a BD cabin. Not bad although for some weird reason I would prefer a Port side cabin. :confused: I think we will enjoy sailing on Emerald. I liked Crown which is the same class of ship. Especially liked Adagio. :D

Thank you.

Too many cruise choices!

My daughter and I are booked for the California Coastal in September. If you decide to do it, be sure to join the roll call. There's a couple of good videos on You Tube that do a nice tour of the ship, you might find them helpful.

I was on the Emerald Princess for 60 days. It’s one of my favorite ships.

Tony

My daughter and I are booked for the California Coastal in September. If you decide to do it, be sure to join the roll call. There's a couple of good videos on You Tube that do a nice tour of the ship, you might find them helpful.

OP started this thread last summer. I'm thinking the cruise has been taken.....

OP started this thread last summer. I'm thinking the cruise has been taken.....

I’m curious. What is Adagio? I’ve not heard anyone talk about that before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m curious. What is Adagio? I’ve not heard anyone talk about that before.

It is a bar/lounge next to the Share restaurant (former Sabatini's location) on deck 16.

It is a bar/lounge next to the Share restaurant (former Sabatini's location) on deck 16.

It's also the Bar that has the unhosted LBGT every night.

We're booked on the Californian coastal, first time on Emerald but been on 6 other Princess Ships. Coral is our favourite.

Sailed Emerald on Caribbean itinerary few years ago and South America in January 2018. A great ship with fantastic crew. HC lay out not so good compared with Royal but no big deal.

Best cabin steward we ever had on Emerald this year.

We've sailed the Emerald twice, most recently in January. She's a good ship and we enjoyed our cruises.

A couple of down sides, for us, aren't really particular to the Emerald, but they still have the 'old' style tv's that are not on demand for free movies and shows--almost impossible to catch the beginning of a movie.

I was also really unhappy that the photos--we usually get the embarkation photo and often one in the dining room--had some recent changes.

For the embarkation photo, they took the exact same pose and presented it in two different formats or frames. I tried to buy just one; had to take both for $40, they wouldn't let me buy just one. Who wants the exact same photo in two different formats, especially when I'd rather have just the plain picture rather than the silly layout with decorations, etc.

We're booked on the Californian coastal, first time on Emerald but been on 6 other Princess Ships. Coral is our favourite.

We loved the Coral--and were nervous about going on the Emerald, fearing it would be too big. Just got back from the 30 day S. American cruise. I would say Emerald compares well to Coral. Very similar features and layout--it's just bigger. Our cruise was sold out but only once or twice did we feel crowded. Even with 3,000 people there are enough distinct areas and activities that it keeps people dispersed. Although beware of ambling on the promenade deck--the power walkers will mow you down and cast you overboard :)

Thank you.

Too many cruise choices!

I thought she was a bit crowded, cruise before was on Diamond, pretty much the same public areas, but a Emerald had about 509 more passengers.

Just got assigned to cabin B709 on Emerald. 123 days out I'm a bit surprised to have a cabin assignment. We had a BF gty and ended up in a BD cabin. Not bad although for some weird reason I would prefer a Port side cabin. :confused: I think we will enjoy sailing on Emerald. I liked Crown which is the same class of ship. Especially liked Adagio. :D

Aaaa Thrak another who prefers Port for no apparent reason, we’re the same, if I have a choice, it’s always Port.

Since you all have cruise on Emerald before, do you happen to know if the stateroom doors are metal? I would like to decorate my door but didn't know if magnets would stick. Thanks in advance.

Since you all have cruise on Emerald before, do you happen to know if the stateroom doors are metal? I would like to decorate my door but didn't know if magnets would stick. Thanks in advance.

I’ve been on most all the Grand Class ships, most recently on Crown where I did use magnets on the door. I plan on doing the same on Emerald next month.

I’ve been on most all the Grand Class ships, most recently on Crown where I did use magnets on the door. I plan on doing the same on Emerald next month.

Thank you, Gotta Cruise Again!

We were on the Emerald last fall. Cabin door was metal. We used magnets to decorate our door.

We were on the Emerald last fall. Cabin door was metal. We used magnets to decorate our door.

Thank you so much!

Yes they are metal.

Tony

Doors, walls, ceilings. All are metal. Under the carpet the floor is metal. You are on a ship.

Doors, walls, ceilings. All are metal. Under the carpet the floor is metal. You are on a ship.

What?? No hardwood floors? No granite countertops?? I'm outraged; the ship is clearly a total gut job. [it's possible I've been watching too much House Hunters....]

What?? No hardwood floors? No granite countertops?? I'm outraged; the ship is clearly a total gut job. [it's possible I've been watching too much House Hunters....]

I think they should have shiplap...