Cruise Critic Community
SSAtlantic

Smart Casual Dress

I do not want to start a major war here, but... We cruised last year to Alaska and we were comfortable and appropriate in nice jeans and nice shirts on Smart Casual nights in the MDR. I am beginning to organize for our Canada/New England cruise coming up at the end of June. Will this dress be appropriate on those nights? We do bring dresses and dress slacks for evening chic nights.

Thanks

Here is what I bought to wear. It is the latest chic 🤡

6be107af1a828a05f8ce08ad0fa5e96d.png

I was a blue collar worker and proud of it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I do not want to start a major war here, but... We cruised last year to Alaska and we were comfortable and appropriate in nice jeans and nice shirts on Smart Casual nights in the MDR. I am beginning to organize for our Canada/New England cruise coming up at the end of June. Will this dress be appropriate on those nights? We do bring dresses and dress slacks for evening chic nights.

Thanks

Yes. You will be just fine.

Thanks

Absolutely!!

Thanks

Yes it is.

Thanks

Though I'm not a "jeans" person when it come to cruising, as long as they're not crappy jeans(holes & such), you should be fine. For myself, I'm more into Dockers & khakis, Timberland boat shoes, perhaps a Ralph Lauren polo shirt or short sleeve dress shirt, straw fedora(yeah, a real slave to fashion!)

Here is what I bought to wear. It is the latest chic 🤡

6be107af1a828a05f8ce08ad0fa5e96d.png

I was a blue collar worker and proud of it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

What a stupid waste of $$$. Just wear & work in them & you're all set.

What a stupid waste of $$$. Just wear & work in them & you're all set.

Are you calling me stupid? 🤗

I haven't seen them but I think it isn't really dirt just a coating of some kind that looks like it. Not trying to justify it as it is a waste of money

Even dumber to me are people paying and wearing designer jeans with rips, tearrs, thread bare and have holes in them. When I was a kid we wore jeans to school and when they became like that they became our play clothes. So I guess as you get older you still are wearing them as your play clothes lending to the adage that the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞