So excited got a cabana at Mahogany Bay. I have been stalking the carnival site!

sassafrass

• 2 weeks later...

We got one as well off of the Dream in July. Beach days and sea water are important for DW. DD needs total shade (in the cabana) and quiet time and I burn, so the hammock and available shade on the lanai are good for me. DW and I will spend quality time together at the beach. Food and drink service will be grand. The total package just works for our family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well done!

I would be interested to know what it is about this excursion that has your attention.

I believe some folks are worried about leaving the port area if they don't know a place very well. Comfort zone. The port area is very nice and we love it -- just not a fan of the beach there so we go to West Bay Beach for beach time.

We like the beach there with the cabana for a couple of reasons. We have one who burns easily, one who doesn't like crowds too much, one that is old enough to do things on his own- but we make him participate in some family time before he can return to the ship. Also, the cabana is rented all day, so if we decided to take a break, shop, zipline, go back on the boat for lunch , we can still return back to the cabana to enjoy for the rest of the day. The cabana is airconditioned and has wi-fi for those who wish to utilize it. The cabana is also very useful for those with young children who wish to stay at the beach, yet the young ones can go inside the cabana for some down time or rest. The cabana includes a fridge if you wish to bring some water or canned sodas with you, an outdoor shower and lounge floats. We had a personal waiter and they had a very attentive security person there too while we were there last.

I would not hesitate to go outside of the port area myself as in my opinion it would be safe, yet I thoroughly enjoy having the cabana right there at port for many reasons in which it is something that my whole family can partake in and enjoy together. Just like any excursion, what may be right for one person/family may not be what someone else is looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

The Carnival site says that the maximum is 4 for a cabana, but we have 4 adults and 2 children, so will they let you do that? In other words, will the kids need chair lift tickets, etc.? Also, is this cabana close to Monkey Business or Daniel Johnson's SlothHangout? We think the kids would like these two places also. Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

You can reserve the clam shell in your excursion manager. It runs about $50 for 2 people and is called RELAX ON THE BEACH PACKAGE. They also have packages that can include a kayak rental or snorkel rental-but those are higher.

The clam shells are rented until they sell out, and first off the boat=first claim to the clam shells.

Hope this link from carnival works for you to see what it is:

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/mahogany-bay/relax-on-the-beach-package-518034

• 1 month later...
Do you need to go to the shore excursion desk and reserve a specific cabana like you do at Half Moon Cay? If so, which would you prefer? Thanks

The cabanas rent out well in advance of the cruise ( usually a year out or so). You would need to go into your booking and then into plan your excursions and if it is available book it then. You do not get to choose the cabana as they are presorted before you arrive and they put your name on the cabana as a welcome. Only one person "books" the cabana for 4. If you need an additional person you can "add" them for a cost at the excursions desk once on board when you have the cabana pre-booked already. I believe you can only do this for up to 2 additional people , but the rules may have changed since 2016.

You can reserve the clam shell in your excursion manager. It runs about $50 for 2 people and is called RELAX ON THE BEACH PACKAGE. They also have packages that can include a kayak rental or snorkel rental-but those are higher.

The clam shells are rented until they sell out, and first off the boat=first claim to the clam shells.

Hope this link from carnival works for you to see what it is:

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/mahogany-bay/relax-on-the-beach-package-518034

Any idea if we can share the Kayak rental and snorkel package? Not sure if I have 4 that would use it, but do have at least 3 that would us it. If we can share I see no reason to buy 2, especially if we get a cabana also