Scrapnana

ms Eurodam & ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau June 19,2017

Monday and the usual four ships are visiting Juneau.

Nieuw Amsterdam (1300-2200) will be at the CT dock and Eurodam (1300-2200) will be at the AS dock.

Also in port are Ruby Princess (1100-2215) at the FKL dock and Solstice (1330-2200) at the AJ dock.

After a beautiful Sunday in Juneau the weather goes back to the usual - rain. There is a 100% chance of rain and a half inch is forecast. High will be 58F/14C and low of 46F/8C. Sunrise is 3:49 am and sunset is 10:07 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Kathi, PTZ is testing out an additional camera at Key West [Mallory Sq] on You Tube. That will be interesting for next Caribbean season.

Rain rain go away!!

Kathi, PTZ is testing out an additional camera at Key West [Mallory Sq] on You Tube. That will be interesting for next Caribbean season.

Rain rain go away!!

Now if they could just get one in San Diego.

I'll be watching. Speaking of cameras, it would be nice if there was one in Vancouver.

Allan

That's why they call us the we t coast!:D We've had nothing but rain for the last month or so, too. I was hoping to get to plant a few annuals today, but maybe not!

Looks like a not very nice day right now, can hardly see the ship.

Allan

I watched Ruby arrive. There were just a few drops around as she came up the Gastineau but the deluge broke out almost on cue as she approached the dock.

Roy

I watched Ruby arrive. There were just a few drops around as she came up the Gastineau but the deluge broke out almost on cue as she approached the dock.

Roy

Juneau rain/downpours are punctual, even if not welcome. :eek:

Did anybody see the navy sub in FLL this morning? Webcam person did an amazing job!

Don't usually look at FLL this time of year, I have tuned in a couple weekends at sailaway time. They seem to have lost their horns - for the most part.

And now, briefly, the Nieuw Amsterdam. Once she ducks behind the Eurodam the Solstice should be in the harbor.

Roy

And now, briefly, the Nieuw Amsterdam. Once she ducks behind the Eurodam the Solstice should be in the harbor.

Roy

I'll be seeing NA close up in December. :D

I do enjoy the close-ups of tying the ship to the dock. Very interesting and something we passengers cannot see or see well, usually.

We are just arriving on the Solstice. The rain has stopped and sun is trying to come out. At least for now.

Have a great day in Juneau. I think that's it for me today. Thanks Kathi, Lou, & Dave.

Roy

It actually turned into a nice evening for awhile.ae4b001226e64669588b69794f7c249e.jpg

An hour after I took this screenshot the rain started up again. At least the passengers got some time without rain.