Anthem of the Seas: Connecting Cabin Door Type

Hello all...

We have connecting balcony cabins (D4 - D2, 13666-668) on an upcoming Anthem Cruise. I had some questions about the connection between the rooms:

1. Is there one door (opening inward to one of the cabins), or two doors (one in each cabin opening inward)?
  2. I'm assuming that the door(s)s can only be unlocked and locked by the cabin steward w/ their master key? Or, is there a way that the door(s) can be secured in the evening w/out the master key? (like a separate deadbolt)
  3. If the steward is required to lock / unlock the door(s), does anyone have any experience with the steward opening the door in the morning and locking it in the evening? Any problems with that approach?

I'd appreciate any input. The other cabin will hold my mentally disabled brother. He has a tendency to "check on you" multiple times a night if the door is unlocked... being a light sleeper, this immediately wakes me up and it takes me a couple of hours to get back to seep.

thx in adv! --bruce T.

It is one door. I would be reluctant to lock the door with his condition. You will hear him trying to turn the door knob. What about the exterior door? What would stop him from opening that?

Thx, Dancer - the door info helps!

I should have been clearer. This is the way we normally travel - connecting rooms, and I lock the door at bedtime. If he needs me, he just knocks on the door - or calls me in the room.

He's got a mental age of about 11, and actually functions pretty well independently once he's familiar w/ the environment. On our first cruise (Celebrity Summit), I realized we were fine when he went with me on my first visit to the coffee / pastry counter... and the girl behind the counter greeted him by name! "Mister Mark has been here a lot, we like him, and he likes our cookies!" :rolleyes: You can read about that cruise here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2249096

thx agn... --Bruce T.

We and friends had connecting D5 cabins 12674 and 12676 in January on Anthem and there were double doors connecting our cabins. Below is a shot of an Anthem's connecting doorway which shows a double jam doorway.

Doors only had a keyed deadbolt so had to be locked/ unlocked by cabin steward.

anthemConnectingDoor04.jpg.beb643f935a02c6d00f37024aaaf2c94.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Anyone know if they will open the balcony partitions on connecting cabins? We have 3 cabins in a row (2 connect) and would like to open the partitions for 1 long balcony.

Yes, with permission of ship's management.

Note that only part of the partition slides open, so it won't feel like one large balcony, but you will be able to walk from one to another.