Tipping for the Reception

For those that got married on a Carnival ship I have some questions about tipping. I'm trying to plan my budget and I'm not really sure how to go about it with tipping for the staff at the wedding. How many waiters were there? Bartenders? DJ? Officiant? Photographer? Coordinator? Other staff? How much did you tip?

For reference: I'm doing a port wedding in the middle of the cruise. We're getting off the ship and married on Grand Cayman then back on the ship for the reception..

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

For those that got married on a Carnival ship I have some questions about tipping. I'm trying to plan my budget and I'm not really sure how to go about it with tipping for the staff at the wedding. How many waiters were there? Bartenders? DJ? Officiant? Photographer? Coordinator? Other staff? How much did you tip?

For reference: I'm doing a port wedding in the middle of the cruise. We're getting off the ship and married on Grand Cayman then back on the ship for the reception..

Hi Cruising Bride! We are doing the same thing - sailing on Carnival Vista and getting married on Cayman Islands. What are the details of your reception and how many guests are you expecting ?

I have 32 people and we're doing to the time to celebrate bigger with aDJ

Oh, so you must be using Carnival to do your planning on the Island? We opted to use a wedding planner from GC, and now have to book a 'reception room' like the Limelight for a specified amount of time. We can also hire their DJ, but the 'wedding packages' were not an option for us.

We also have approx. 30 guests coming.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is what I'm planning right now, until I get closer and know how many people exactly I'm having and if I will then have to account for more servers/bartenders. Not sure if its a super tip and I'm sure if someone goes above and beyond, I'll tip more.

Tip Reception Bartender 2 -30/ea $60 Tip Reception Server 2 - 30/ea $60

Wedding Photographer 1- $40 Port wedding coordinator 1- $40 Onboard Wedding coordinator 1 - $40 DJ/Host 1- $40

Edited by sandyzag
Revision