Just back from Spirit - Jun 29

Chrocruiser

Itinerary:

Good choice of ports with excellent choice of sightseeing.

Most of the ports were less crowded than usual with max. two large ships ah the same time.

Ship:

This Ship should not stay too long in the NCL fleet. She shows her age in different locations and she is no longer up to the expected standard one can expect for this price. Or keep her but price her then differently.

Atmosphere not as good as in our 2 previous experiences on the Jade and the Pearl. Customer service by far not to the levels of NCL other ships.

Aft part, Galaxy of the stars not clean at all. Dust on the metal framing. Dust also to be found under the main stairs of the Atrium. I feel also that the overall housekeeping could do better.

Internet very slow sometimes

Atrium in the evenings widely used for the photographs or a market place which spoils the ambiance of this otherwise nice place.

Stateroom BA 11086 mid-ship balcony:

Smaller than the BA cabin we had on the Gem.

Balcony not so clean and shower showing signs of rust.

Beds are very comfortable but avoid deck 11 midship as you hear the noise of the crowd running around the swimming-pool area.

Lack of a second bed-side lamp on the left side.

Overall, our impression is less good than on our previous experiences with NCL. We had not this Wow effect we could have previously. The itinerary is excellent though and the ship size will please those passengers afraid of the big crowds.

Pearl Dec 2006

Gem Jun 2016

Gem Jul 2016

Spirit 2017

I was on same cruise ...I loved the ship, the food , my cabin was fine near elevator .I had issues with my bathroom and it was taken care of immediately .....they scrubbed it squeaky clean .I loved the outdoor seating area I had breakfadt and lunch over the wKe every day .

Service was excellent ...nothing to complain about except dinner made me miss all the shows

Did my tours with NCL ...well organized, excellent guides , very pro and efficient ....Malta was amazing ...great place ...our beach days were awesome

i was on this same cruise and found it to be very good. balcony cabin 10026.great cabin attendant, carol quiet cabin near elevator. easy access to rest of ship.

ports were outstanding and i used all ship excursions except for malta. was pleased with the tour guides.

food in buffet was varied, tasty and plentiful.

cagneys was terrific, as usual,

for those with kids i can say that the kids club was outstanding. my 12 yr old grandaughter was very very happy in the 10-12 year old group.

embarkation and debarkation very well done.

the only negative was the entertainment

Sorry, OP, that you had an uneven experience on the Spirit. I cruised on her in May 2015, and loved it.

Yes, the Spirit is a smaller, older ship, and yes, she is showing signs of age, but we found the ship to be immaculately kept, and service was outstanding. She is a unique ship and I hope NCL continues to find a place for her in the fleet. I'm sorry your experience wasn't so good, but did you go to customer service with your concerns? What did they say, or do for you?

As far as a rooms on deck 11 goes, I feel your pain. My first cruise on NCL on the Star, I thought I scored with a mini suite. Little did we know we were under the Garden Cafe with continuous cart rolling (it seemed) late at night. So, no more deck 11 for us on any NCL older ship. We haven't tried the megaships, but I will take pains to avoid being directly under any buffet or pool!

It seems you might like the newer ships more, so I hope you don't give up on NCL. Happy future cruising!

I was also on this cruise. I thought it was great! No, the ship isn't the best ship I ever sailed, but I thought she was kept up well. I met several crew members that went above and beyond. Food was great, bartenders great, my OV cabin was great. We had a minor maintenance issue in the bathroom that was fixed within 15 minutes of my BF calling.

We did not find the kid's club outstanding. My BF's 12 year old son was bored. He wanted to do the 13-17 year old activities lol.

I was not impressed with the entertainment; the singers were downright bad.

All in all, this was a magnificent cruise! I came back to get bronchitis (started on the ship) and flooding in my basement (I live in the north Chicago suburbs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there anything positive about your cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well as I said the itinerary for this cruise is great. I did not mean our experience was bad at all but it is the less good of our 4 weeks on NCL

Food was good all over, the UDP and UBP are very convenient and at a good price.

Our steward was very bad, letting dirty plates over the day and the night after on the table, he forgot to leave us the form for the reduced laundry day, etc. Etc.

I should have reported these things but I am not the type of complaining all over..... obviously there is a lack of control/management

• 1 year later...
i was on this same cruise and found it to be very good. balcony cabin 10026.great cabin attendant, carol quiet cabin near elevator. easy access to rest of ship.

ports were outstanding and i used all ship excursions except for malta. was pleased with the tour guides.

food in buffet was varied, tasty and plentiful.

cagneys was terrific, as usual,

for those with kids i can say that the kids club was outstanding. my 12 yr old grandaughter was very very happy in the 10-12 year old group.

embarkation and debarkation very well done.

the only negative was the entertainment

enyliram, I noticed you have been on Spirit cabin 10026 last year, how was that cabin? Wondering if you have any pictures or feedback to give about this cabin for future guests. Thanks.