Cruise Critic Community
metsmom

Promo code for excursions?

I will be cruising on the Pride in November and am interested in a couple of the excursions(Fast to the Fun, 2 shore excursions, etc). I saw at checkout that a promo code was available but could not find one on Google. Could anyone be of some help? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

When we first booked our cruise, though, the system (automatically) offered us a selection of three excursions, one for each of the first three ports of call, at a reduced price.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Sometimes John Heald will share one on his Facebook page. I got a 5% discount on an excursion from one of his codes. But I ended up having to cancel and rebook the excursion in order to change the time on it, so I lost the discount. Anyway, I would check his page to see if he has one.

John Heald gave out an excursion promo code earlier this year. It was not valid on FTTF and Alaska excursions, so it was of no use to me.

You can likely find a shore excursion similar to what Carnival is offering you, for a much cheaper price through a private vendor. No codes needed. Just throwing that out there. Just look on TripAdvisor for the excursion type you want to in in whatever port you're looking at and look for one with good reviews.

I will be cruising on the Pride in November and am interested in a couple of the excursions(Fast to the Fun, 2 shore excursions, etc). I saw at checkout that a promo code was available but could not find one on Google. Could anyone be of some help? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

If you're okay with booking excursions independent of Carnival, just do some searching on Google. There are some companies that will offer a discount (typically 10%) if you have a group of "X" number of people to go on the excursion. If you haven't already done so, join the roll call for your cruise and see if anyone has already started assembling a group for a discount on an excursion. We've done that for an excursion in St. Thomas, and for one in La Romana (D.R.)

We used the code OHJOHN when we cruised Splendor this past February. Gave us 5% off. We booked on excursion. Have no idea if it is still good, but it may be worth trying just for the heck of it.

We used the code OHJOHN when we cruised Splendor this past February. Gave us 5% off. We booked on excursion. Have no idea if it is still good, but it may be worth trying just for the heck of it.

I would definitely be interested in knowing if that code is still valid. :)

I am definitely going to do FTTF and it did say promo code which of course I didn't know but we may also want to book some excursions imports as well. I was just wondering if carnival had one and I will try the OJOHN one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely be interested in knowing if that code is still valid. :)

It's not. It ended in a couple/few weeks if I remember correctly. For giggles I tried it anyway just now. It's a no go.

It's not. It ended in a couple/few weeks if I remember correctly. For giggles I tried it anyway just now. It's a no go.

So back to checking John Healds FB for those not in the rush.

Hopefully if it does show up again, someone here can share it as we're not on FB. ;)

You can likely find a shore excursion similar to what Carnival is offering you, for a much cheaper price through a private vendor. No codes needed. Just throwing that out there. Just look on TripAdvisor for the excursion type you want to in in whatever port you're looking at and look for one with good reviews.

True, we book mostly independent tours.....but in the more typical "Western" and "Eastern" routes, CCL has been putting many of these vendor 'under contract', and if you are sailing in on a CCL ship, they will not allow you to book independently due to their 'contract' with CCL......hmmmm!!!

True, we book mostly independent tours.....but in the more typical "Western" and "Eastern" routes, CCL has been putting many of these vendor 'under contract', and if you are sailing in on a CCL ship, they will not allow you to book independently due to their 'contract' with CCL......hmmmm!!!

Yeah, sad. The only Carnival Excursion I would ever book is something you can only get through them like a Cabana/Villa on HMC. Other than that I find a lot better things to do independently. And no, I'm not afraid of missing the ship because I am super crazy about being back at least 2 hours before departure time to allow for any "hiccups" that may occur.

You're right. THANKFULLY we've only experienced this one. We've always had great excursion vendors. The 1 time we couldn't do what we wanted, was in Grand Turk. We always get a golf card in GT and just ride around and mainly hang out at Governor's/Jack's. My wife wanted to do the zip-line at the light house so we contacted them. They said they were contracted and could only allow CCL excursions when a ship was in port. That sucked. Aside from that, we've been happy with independent contractors and not running into those who have contracts through CCL.

There was one on Black Friday for 10% off. I wonder if they’ll do one for Christmas/New Year’s. I wouldn’t wait to book FTTF though.

There was one on Black Friday for 10% off. I wonder if they’ll do one for Christmas/New Year’s. I wouldn’t wait to book FTTF though.

Definitely don’t wait for FTTF. The promo code didn’t work on it anyway.