Cruise Director --  Manuel Fragoso

Guest Relations -- Antoinette Pais

Food & Beverage --  Daniele Salamone

Executive Chef -- Abdul Nasar

Captain's Club Host -- Edrilyn

🍷

Edited by Wine-O
  • Thanks 1

I’m sorry, I’m very new to this, so if I’m posting this in the wrong section please don’t boo me out, I’ve spent a couple of hours trying to find the right thread for my question. I’m trying, unsuccessfully, to find out if and when CPT Dimitri Kafetzis and HD Niyazi Korkmaz will be on Apex. We’re looking for a cruise with them anywhere between May 2020 to August 2020.

if this is the wrong thread, could someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:36 AM, bettyholidays said:

I’m trying, unsuccessfully, to find out if and when CPT Dimitri Kafetzis and HD Niyazi Korkmaz will be on Apex. We’re looking for a cruise with them anywhere between May 2020 to August 2020.

if this is the wrong thread, could someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Any information that you will find here is based on passenger input as they are onboard.  Until Apex sails only a direct conversation with either one may get you the correct information.  Happy speculation..

On 7/9/2019 at 10:36 AM, bettyholidays said:

I’m sorry, I’m very new to this, so if I’m posting this in the wrong section please don’t boo me out, I’ve spent a couple of hours trying to find the right thread for my question. I’m trying, unsuccessfully, to find out if and when CPT Dimitri Kafetzis and HD Niyazi Korkmaz will be on Apex. We’re looking for a cruise with them anywhere between May 2020 to August 2020.

16 hours ago, Arno. said:

Any information that you will find here is based on passenger input as they are onboard.  Until Apex sails only a direct conversation with either one may get you the correct information.  Happy speculation..

It's been announced that D. Kafetzis is taking out Apex (I also heard it directly from him). The first sailing is April 2020.  So one would think that May is a safe bet, probably June as well. I would not bet on anything other than that (not sure how long the initial captain stayed on Edge, was it the full 3 months?) Have they announced who the initial hotel director is going to be? I think that would be less of a guarantee.

Edited by MisterBill99

13 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

It's been announced that D. Kafetzis is taking out Apex (I also heard it directly from him). The first sailing is April 2020.  So one would think that May is a safe bet, probably June as well.

I guess it depends on the time that he actually took over for sea trials before the first scheduled sailing.  The joker is alive and well.

16 minutes ago, Arno. said:

I guess it depends on the time that he actually took over for sea trials before the first scheduled sailing.  The joker is alive and well.

Which is why I'm wondering about the timing of the original Edge captain. Actually, I know that, he left the ship on February 3rd, along with me. So Kafetzis should be on for 3 months after the first sailing, but like I said, two is probably a safe best. 

Thank you so much for your reply, its very much appreciated.

Late May and June is quite a nice itinerary, so we may go with that, to be sure not to miss the Captain! Any idea when its likely to be known about the HD? 

In the meantime, I will keep my ear to the ground and hope something more definitive comes up.

Thank you again.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, MisterBill99 said:

Which is why I'm wondering about the timing of the original Edge captain. Actually, I know that, he left the ship on February 3rd, along with me. So Kafetzis should be on for 3 months after the first sailing, but like I said, two is probably a safe best. 

If I remember correctly, Captain Costas told us in the Q+A that he had a 6 month stint (because this was a new class of ship).  I believe that he said he started in August, 2018 and was involved in the Sept sea trials. Captain Kafetzis was onboard our cruise Jan 20th learning about the ship before he took over on Feb 3 (not sure when he boarded). He has now had plenty of experience with an Edge Class ship so maybe he won't need to be onboard a few months before she sails (March, 2020)?

Edited by vtcruising

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

If I remember correctly, Captain Costas told us in the Q+A that he had a 6 month stint (because this was a new class of ship).  I believe that he said he started in August, 2018 and was involved in the Sept sea trials. Captain Kafetzis was onboard our cruise Jan 20th learning about the ship before he took over on Feb 3 (not sure when he boarded). He has now had plenty of experience with an Edge Class ship so maybe he won't need to be onboard a few months before she sails (March, 2020)?

It is not about experience with the ship. A Captain of the cruise line is always with the yard to supervise the final process of shipbuilding and the handover. I assume thereafter he stays on Apex during April and most of May before going on vacation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It is not about experience with the ship. A Captain of the cruise line is always with the yard to supervise the final process of shipbuilding and the handover. I assume thereafter he stays on Apex during April and most of May before going on vacation.

The final touches will be in March before handover so I assume he will be there at least by early February for sea trials and to sail on the first few Press and Trade cruises in March and then with me on April 5th. 🙂 All speculation - just wondering aloud if he would do 6 months as Captain Costas did (he was with the Edge 3 months ahead). We will know soon enough.

Edited by vtcruising

A bit premature, but on the 08/24 Equinox I sure would like to know who is the Luminae matre 'd, Michaels concierges and bartender.  There are some who I've enjoyed over the years, and I'd like to bring them some presents.

Thanks

George

On 7/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Arno. said:

The latest from Edge:

SI July 20 Aboard.png

That's a little early for Captain D. Kafetzis since I thought he left at the start of May (I know he started on 2/3). But I think this is a short stint as Captain Kate will be joining at the end of August, although she might spend a couple of weeks on board prior to becoming Master, as Captain Kafetzis did in January.

Edited by MisterBill99

16 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Based on an Instagram post from Damian De Lorenzis, it appears that he has joined Eclipse as CD, and Lauren has gone on vacation. I guess his stint on Edge is a one and done.

Strange one as CD Simon (Akinwolere) has just posted on his Instagram that he is now CD on Eclipse!!

Can confirm from her post that Lauren is now on vacation.

8 hours ago, EnthDegree said:

Strange one as CD Simon (Akinwolere) has just posted on his Instagram that he is now CD on Eclipse!!

Can confirm from her post that Lauren is now on vacation.

Well maybe I was reading too much into Damian's post. He was definitely on this last cruise since Lauren posted this in response to his post congratulating her on the end of her contract -- "Thank you @damianfromtheship for your incredible support this cruise" On the other hand, he also showed a bike he said he rode yesterday in Vancouver, and I'm guessing a CD doesn't take the day off on turnaround day.

Edited by MisterBill99

12 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

That's a little early for Captain D. Kafetzis since I thought he left at the start of May (I know he started on 2/3). But I think this is a short stint as Captain Kate will be joining at the end of August, although she might spend a couple of weeks on board prior to becoming Master, as Captain Kafetzis did in January.

And now I just read that Cameron is leaving for the Galapagos so the guest Relations Director has changed.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:55 AM, MisterBill99 said:

I wonder who will be Captain on Edge for the November 1st crossing, any ideas?

Edited by johhnnyt

3 minutes ago, johhnnyt said:

I wonder who will be Captain on Edge for the November 1st crossing, any ideas?

I believe that Captain Kate has said that she would NOT be on the TA when someone asked her on IG. So if I had to guess, I'd say Captain Costas again. Since he left at the beginning of this month he should be back by October.

Edited by MisterBill99

34 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Any information on when Capt. George will be returning to the Silhouette?

He started vacation following the April 16th cruise. That means he should be on the first week in August. He told me that he will be on for the crossing April 24th, but with all the changes you can not be sure.