Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Arno.

WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nextariel said:

Sure hope mid December is the 15th as we will be sailing then. Missed her on the Equinox by a couple of weeks. 

I’m pretty sure that Dec 15 is her first day back from vacation!  Good timing on your part 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 9:40 AM, Arubamoose said:

 

We sailed with Captain Skylogiennes and Hotel Director Arjan Scheepers back in February 2018 on the Reflection.  Did a B2B2B in an lowly outside cabin and we are just Elite.  Arjan was very gracious and outgoing.  We were very surprised to be invited to a huge luncheon with the captain and staff including suite folks and Zenith members.  It was his doing.  That was an amazing cruise.

 

On 10/31/2019 at 2:09 PM, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks for the update.  It will be nice to experience someone new...or not new! We love our times aboard and enjoy ourselves whoever is the CD.

We sailed the Reflection in September..will be on again in December..Dan was  a good CD and we had some great entertainment..any ideas as to if the Blu staff would be the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sox59 said:

 

We sailed the Reflection in September..will be on again in December..Dan was  a good CD and we had some great entertainment..any ideas as to if the Blu staff would be the same?

We sailed Reflection last in December of 2017. The maître d in Blu at that time was a gentleman name Ante. He was far and away the best maître d we've ever encountered on any of our cruises. The staff and passengers all seemed to respond favorably to him and he had Blu running the most efficiently I've ever seen. He was everywhere and doing everything and led by example. I did read somewhere on this thread that he'd been promoted (well deserved) so sadly the staff in Blu won't be the same and I can't imagine it could be any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

We sailed Reflection last in December of 2017. The maître d in Blu at that time was a gentleman name Ante. He was far and away the best maître d we've ever encountered on any of our cruises. The staff and passengers all seemed to respond favorably to him and he had Blu running the most efficiently I've ever seen. He was everywhere and doing everything and led by example. I did read somewhere on this thread that he'd been promoted (well deserved) so sadly the staff in Blu won't be the same and I can't imagine it could be any better.

I can tell you that the staff in Blu this past September was outstanding!  Two women, both professional, personable and well liked by all..can’t go wrong with Blu 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Arno.  
 

Just off the Silhouette and Capt. George is the Master.  I asked him till when and he said he would be going on vacation on 12/1.  Cruise Director was Sue Denning (just boarded in FLL on 11/8).  
 

I really miss that they don’t publish the Whose On Board info anymore!

 

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are goung with Celebrity Equinox in March 2020. Who will be the captain and executive chef?

 

Have been on board of Celebrity Reflection from October 28th. Cruise Director Dan now on vacations.

 

 

12345.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, alex955 said:

We are goung with Celebrity Equinox in March 2020. Who will be the captain and executive chef?

 

Have been on board of Celebrity Reflection from October 28th. Cruise Director Dan now on vacations.

 

 

12345.jpg

Dan France is actually on Equinox now. He will go on vacation in Jan and return to Equinox mid to late March. We are also on Equinox in March so hope he is there. Not sure who captain will be as I think  Captain Tasos will take over sometime this month, but will be on vacation in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 12:37 PM, Purplsmurf said:

Dan will not be on the Reflection in March. He will be going back to Equinox after his vacation sometime the middle to end of March

Dan was back on the Equinox this past week.  I think he's one of the best CDs I've ever had!!  So funny and what a voice!!  We had Martin Bruehls on the maiden voyage of the Edge and he was awful.  Planned virtually no activities. He was the worst of over 35 Celebrity cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, taznremmy said:

Hi Arno.  
 

Just off the Silhouette and Capt. George is the Master.  I asked him till when and he said he would be going on vacation on 12/1.  Cruise Director was Sue Denning (just boarded in FLL on 11/8).  
 

I really miss that they don’t publish the Whose On Board info anymore!

 

Pat

They do publish it.  We just got off the Equinox and the Who's on Board paper was in the rack by Guest Relations.   On ship that we couldn't get one on was the Edge.  They were on a "green" program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

Dan was back on the Equinox this past week.  I think he's one of the best CDs I've ever had!!  So funny and what a voice!!  We had Martin Bruehls on the maiden voyage of the Edge and he was awful.  Planned virtually no activities. He was the worst of over 35 Celebrity cruises.

That's really odd. I think it must have been a one off. We sailed with Martin on Reflection and he was the best we've had!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

Dan was back on the Equinox this past week.  I think he's one of the best CDs I've ever had!!  So funny and what a voice!!  We had Martin Bruehls on the maiden voyage of the Edge and he was awful.  Planned virtually no activities. He was the worst of over 35 Celebrity cruises.

We were on the Edge Inaugural in December and her TA in April, and with all due respect it was not Martin's fault, he is one of X's best CD's.

Martin received direction from the top (Miami) regarding activities on the Edge Inaugural.

X top brass wanted to eliminate the free activities and replace them with activities which guests had to pay for. Upset passenger feedback forced X to reinstate the regular free activities which were available on the Edge TA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

We were on the Edge Inaugural in December and her TA in April, and with all due respect it was not Martin's fault, he is one of X's best CD's.

Martin received direction from the top (Miami) regarding activities on the Edge Inaugural.

X top brass wanted to eliminate the free activities and replace them with activities which guests had to pay for. Upset passenger feedback forced X to reinstate the regular free activities which were available on the Edge TA.

Thanks for this great info. More confirmation that LLP is doing her best to destroy the brand so many of us have been loyal to. For us since 1993. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We were on the Edge Inaugural in December and her TA in April, and with all due respect it was not Martin's fault, he is one of X's best CD's.

Martin received direction from the top (Miami) regarding activities on the Edge Inaugural.

X top brass wanted to eliminate the free activities and replace them with activities which guests had to pay for. Upset passenger feedback forced X to reinstate the regular free activities which were available on the Edge TA.

Agree! We had Martin as CD on another cruise and he was the best. For the early Edge cruises (Nov-Dec), things started off on a bad foot. We kept getting the company line about various things, with somewhat lame explanations (and staff looking a bit half-hearted about repeating it).

 

I think, with this new class of ship, they were trying to have a whole different cutting edge image - a lot of the early press releases discussed attracting new cruisers. I don't think the premise is a bad one - present cruisers aren't going to be around forever and they need to attract new cruisers. As with anything new, the pendulum swings and my opinion is that they swung it too far at the beginning and have had to let it swing back some. When I went back in late January, things were much better, with the Edge still feeling cutting edge and unique, but with some of our old favorites. Following along on several live reviews over the last few months, it feels like adjustments are still being made, as things continue to be re-evaluated.

 

I agree with C-Dragons. I think that Martin was in the wrong place at the wrong time and in an impossible position. I doubt he personally agreed with some of what was happening, but was the unfortunate one to be the face of the company line at that time.

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

 

 

 

X top brass wanted to eliminate the free activities and replace them with activities which guests had to pay for. Upset passenger feedback forced X to reinstate the regular free activities which were available on the Edge TA.

Just curious, what things did the charge for? I will be on the Apex for a trans-Atlantic next Fall.

Edited by Banjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Banjo said:

Just curious, what things did the charge for? I will be on the Apex for a trans-Atlantic next Fall.

They had electronic Trivia, which guests could play individually for a fee on their smartphones.
However that has been discontinued and regular, old fashioned Trivia played in groups of 6 with pen and paper is back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

They had electronic Trivia, which guests could play individually for a fee on their smartphones.
However that has been discontinued and regular, old fashioned Trivia played in groups of 6 with pen and paper is back.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Banjo said:

Just curious, what things did the charge for? I will be on the Apex for a trans-Atlantic next Fall.

They had drone flying which has been discontinued probably due to the fact that someone flew the drone into the chandelier above the martini bar.  They also had paintball contests.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...