WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

On 11/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Arno. said:

I have just been notified by Celebrity cruises that I have contravened company policy by reaching out to staff to determine who is onboard.  After a number of staff complaints, according to the contact, my wife and I have been banned from sailing on any royal branded cruise ship.

Were you and your wife being banned from sailing on Royal Caribbean Group ships the first communication you had from them on this issue?  Or did they reach out before they took this step?  Is the ban permanent?  

Thanks

• 10 months later...

I have never bumped a thread before, but I thought this one deserved it based on an inquiry someone just made on Cruise Critic.

There is certainly nothing wrong with posting a photo of the Spotlight page listing the officers from the Celebrity Today publication.

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Celebrity is more cautious than ever about having this information distributed on this forum

And they should be, because it is wrong to do so.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Celebrity is more cautious than ever about having this information distributed on this forum

The list of officers in the daily is given to every passenger for them to do with as they wish including posting a copy of the daily here. All it says is who is presently onboard the ship on that particular cruise. It gives no information as to how long they will be on that ship. That's totally different than what the person in this thread who was supposedly banned from Celebrity was doing which was apparently contacting crew members via email or social media to find out their schedules and then sharing that here.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

The list of officers in the daily is given to every passenger for them to do with as they wish including posting a copy of the daily here. All it says is who is presently onboard the ship on that particular cruise. It gives no information as to how long they will be on that ship. That's totally different than what the person in this thread who was supposedly banned from Celebrity was doing which was apparently contacting crew members via email or social media to find out their schedules and then sharing that here.

I don't think any of us know the real story behind the headlines.  It just never made sense to me that if someone was contacting crew members, who must have given him their contact information, asking questions that it would be enough to "cancel" him.  I met him once and he did not seem like a person who would be harassing people, which is the implication.  

Regardless, I would think sharing the crew information they give you each cruise would be allowed.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Based on what communication?

Edited by mahdnc

I would just add that I did 3 Celebrity cruises last year (Silhouette) and one in January (Apex) and on none of them were they distributing lists of officers/staff on board, or including information in Celebrity Today as they had done in the past.  I did ask about it, as in, 'do you have a paper copy of who is on board?', but was told they no longer did that.

12 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I don't think any of us know the real story behind the headlines.  It just never made sense to me that if someone was contacting crew members, who must have given him their contact information, asking questions that it would be enough to "cancel" him.  I met him once and he did not seem like a person who would be harassing people, which is the implication.  

Regardless, I would think sharing the crew information they give you each cruise would be allowed.  

IMO regardless of what "... any of us know..." we do know that the OP has stated they have been banned for such behaviour (all encompassing of known and unknown facts/rumours).

As such, there really is no further discussion needed on the reasons beyond what was posted.

If individuals wish to take up the mantle and start posting this information again here on CC, go ahead and get it going.

In due time those who posted the info will find out if they suffer the same fate as the OP and the posters must understand there is no appeal or recourse to X's decision.

bon voyage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I would just add that I did 3 Celebrity cruises last year (Silhouette) and one in January (Apex) and on none of them were they distributing lists of officers/staff on board, or including information in Celebrity Today as they had done in the past.  I did ask about it, as in, 'do you have a paper copy of who is on board?', but was told they no longer did that.

Well then, perhaps @cruisestitch may be correct.

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

IMO regardless of what "... any of us know..." we do know that the OP has stated they have been banned for such behaviour (all encompassing of known and unknown facts/rumours).

As such, there really is no further discussion needed on the reasons beyond what was posted.

If individuals wish to take up the mantle and start posting this information again here on CC, go ahead and get it going.

In due time those who posted the info will find out if they suffer the same fate as the OP and the posters must understand there is no appeal or recourse to X's decision.

bon voyage

Absolutely correct !!!

As I posted previously , and, still don't " understand " what the " big deal " is about whether so and so is or not is on our cruise. Sure, it's fun recognizing or being recognized by a Staff member from a previous cruise, but, we never would book a cruise because of that.

Repeating myself ( for the xxx time ), in all the Celebrity cruises we have been on we never had poor service from any Staff member---never.

If the Cruise company's policy is to not publish a list as such, -- Geez ---forget it.

Now, about your  comment " there really is no further discussion needed on the reasons beyond what was posted "----  LOL--- Good Luck on that one .

• Like 1

As  for the Who's Onboard, cruisestitch confirmed they did not have it published on her recent Silhouette, but I have seen it being produced and published within the last month on a couple other ships.  I guess it is another inconsistency between ships.   I look forward to them being published on all ships.

Regardless, the same information is available on the TV (albeit buried deep)  The have a picture and a Bio for the Captain and the Senior Staff. 

I know Arno and he is truly a Gentleman and all around nice guy.    The problem wasn't about posting the "Who's Onboard".   It was a combination of things including a private group he created on a site we aren't suppose to mention and some of the discussions there that got out of hand.   I really miss seeing him and look forward to his return. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 12:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

As  for the Who's Onboard, cruisestitch confirmed they did not have it published on her recent Silhouette, but I have seen it being produced and published within the last month on a couple other ships.  I guess it is another inconsistency between ships.   I look forward to them being published on all ships.

Regardless, the same information is available on the TV (albeit buried deep)  The have a picture and a Bio for the Captain and the Senior Staff. 

I know Arno and he is truly a Gentleman and all around nice guy.    The problem wasn't about posting the "Who's Onboard".   It was a combination of things including a private group he created on a site we aren't suppose to mention and some of the discussions there that got out of hand.   I really miss seeing him and look forward to his return. 

I also know Arno and totally agree with your post. Looking forward to seeing you and Iain.

• 1 year later...

I had to cancel three bookings when COVID hit in early 2020. We started traveling again in 2021, but have focused on land-based AIs until cruising returned to what was normal for us. Therefore I had not been perusing these boards in recent years. I booked a cruise on Beyond for 2024 last week and started visiting CC again and am stunned by what I have found. Not just change after change, but I could not find this thread without Googling "Arno who is onboard". To say I am saddened is an understatement.

We had the joy of being on two sailings with Arno and his lovely wife. Two of the most positive and genuine people we have met while cruising. Everywhere the two of them went they were greeted like celebrities onboard. Banning them for life is beyond fathomable. 

Thank you Arno for all that you did to keep us informed. Thank you for treating X staff with respect and admiration. This fate is unacceptable, but from what I am reading here now, you have likely found a more suitable "floating condo". Peace be with you and yours and I hope to cross paths on deck again soon.

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Unfortunately, your resurrection of this zombie thread has brought up a lot of out of date information.😟

From a member with just 5 posts--and wants to say something nice about Arno?  I am very fine with it.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:28 AM, mrsgoggins said:

The info of who the officers (photo & bio) are is available on the TV in every cabin.  I can't recall what heading it was under but it was buried at the very end of the section

41 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The info of who the officers (photo & bio) are is available on the TV in every cabin.  I can't recall what heading it was under but it was buried at the very end of the section

We received a paper copy in our room called "In the Spotlight.  Meet the Officers".  Each officer was listed with a photo and a brief biography.  This was on Beyond.