Alcohol Bever Package Prices Just had Major Increase in Cost per Celebrity website!

Cruisegoer

I've been contemplating buying a beverage package and today when I went to my cruise planner I noticed prices have increased SIGNIFICANTLY! With a 10% discount it's now at $73.13 per day for the Premium package and $61.88/day for the Classic, the Premium Non-Alcohol package also jumped from $21/day to $27.50!!!

It's now over $600pp to buy a Premium Beverage package for a 7 day cruise!

Unlimited Soda is now $11.25/day!

I also noticed today that the internet package on cruise planner increased from $269 on my 10 day cruise to $336.25 (a 25% increase). Meal package prices seem to have stayed the same.

My cruise planner was showing a higher price for the beverage packages this morning when the original post was made. But now it's showing the $55/$65 prices. So I guess they reduced it back to where it was. But the 25% increase in the internet package is still there.

Did anyone read anything about still being able to pay the difference in individual drinks from classic package to a premium drink? I would hate for them to change that also! Thanks for any help.

No reports of that being changed and the price of the of the beverage packages remains unchanged on when I checked my bookings.

I think it is the website. There was a post that the price to upgrade was showing as $14.75. On another thread someone mentioned the upgrade price was $14.75 in Candian Dollars. Possibly websites being updated for currency conversion & got prices messed up in USD.

Our August 6 sailing on Equinox has the higher prices on the drink packages now shown in our cruise planner. 61.88 classic and 73.13 for premium - that's with 10% off. We were trying to decide between packages, but I guess they made the choice for us now. Maybe we are being punished for our Mast Grill revolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it is the website. There was a post that the price to upgrade was showing as $14.75. On another thread someone mentioned the upgrade price was $14.75 in Candian Dollars. Possibly websites being updated for currency conversion & got prices messed up in USD.

I think you're on to something there. I have had numerous price alert drops today in Canadian dollar and when I go into the site, the price is not what's shown. They're messing with the exchange I think. All the price drops I got were showing the Canadian price the same as the US price. They're definitely doing something.

I think you're on to something there. I have had numerous price alert drops today in Canadian dollar and when I go into the site, the price is not what's shown. They're messing with the exchange I think. All the price drops I got were showing the Canadian price the same as the US price. They're definitely doing something.

If you've had the alerts from the fishy site, then I would agree as some of my sailings are showing the same price for all balconies and all insides, irrespective of category :confused:?

Just checked the celebrity US web page and the package prices remain unchanged $55 and $65...plus 18% gratuity.

Not sure where you saw higher prices.....

On my Cruiser Planner for my cruise on 8/6/17 that's where.

Our August 6 sailing on Equinox has the higher prices on the drink packages now shown in our cruise planner. 61.88 classic and 73.13 for premium - that's with 10% off. We were trying to decide between packages, but I guess they made the choice for us now. Maybe we are being punished for our Mast Grill revolt.

Maybe like the Mast Grill upcharge burgers the 8/6 sailing of the Equinox is getting a trial price increase in beverage packages!