Ultimate tip to a princess 1st timer

vikry

Hi all,

I have found many gems of information on this site but have had difficulty in searching the boards due to the failing search function.

I would therefore be very grateful if you would be kind enough to list your princess insiders top tip,

for example: the balcony breakfasts and ordering from the main menus and the tipping of the steward for loungers on the balcony.

Others like this would be great as this is for our honeymoon i would hate to think that we missed anything that would make what we hope to be a magnificent experience even better.

Thanks in advance

One of the biggest tip that people forget is sit back, enjoy the moment and have some fun

Debi

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;11;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font=color=red>*************************</font>

OOSTERDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I know this is not what you want to hear but I concur with Debi_D. Just go and explore, find your niche and see it through your eyes, not our eyes. Most important, just have a great time.

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam 12/93

Statendam 10/95

Zenith 05/96

Westerdam 05/97

Norway 10/97

Westerdam 10/98

Sun Princess 10/99

Volendam 10/00

Volendam 10/01

Century 10/02

Zuiderdam 05/03

Caribbean Princess 05/04

Try a late night fresh water swim or jacuzzi, way aft under the stars, all alone your 3/4 Billion dollar ship, you and the Universe.

Oh, and always bring a small electric fan to help move air in cabins and create white noise.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Come prepared with every possible medical remedy - Imodium, Bonine, Meclizine, Aspirin, Tums, etc. and you'll be healthy all week!

Have an alocholic drink on the first day, even if you don't drink. It helps you relax when you're really excited.

Take a moment to just 'take it all in' - stop, breath deeply and think, "ahhhh.....".

Catch the moonlight shining on the sea at night.

--------------------------

'05-Golden Princess, West. European Capitals, '04-2 wk. land cruise to Wash. State, '04-Monarch of the Seas, '04-Coral Princess, '03-Monarch of the Seas, '02-Ecstasy, '02-Adventure of the Seas, '01-Radiance of the Seas, '01-Grand Princess, '00-Grand Princess, '99-Viking Serenade, '98-Elation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lady Jag:

Come prepared with every possible medical remedy - Imodium, Bonine, Meclizine, Aspirin, Tums, etc. and you'll be healthy all week!

Have an alocholic drink on the first day, even if you don't drink. It helps you relax when you're really excited.

This does not apply to those who go to the "Friends of Bill W. meetings", imagine THAT bar tab!

Take a moment to just 'take it all in' - stop, breath deeply and think, "ahhhh.....".

Catch the moonlight shining on the sea at night.

--------------------------

'05-Golden Princess, West. European Capitals, '04-2 wk. land cruise to Wash. State, '04-Monarch of the Seas, '04-Coral Princess, '03-Monarch of the Seas, '02-Ecstasy, '02-Adventure of the Seas, '01-Radiance of the Seas, '01-Grand Princess, '00-Grand Princess, '99-Viking Serenade, '98-Elation

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two MORE open Bookings.

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Go to the champagne waterfall party on the second formal night - get your picture taken with the Maitre`d pouring champagne over the waterfall. Go to Pub Night - look for it in the Princess Patter. Relax and don't try to do everything - just have a good time! Book another cruise while on board! Welcome to Princess!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sue d. miller:

Srphnx definately has it right. The aft late at night is awesome. Really makes you humble!!

Nothing about my AFT makes me humble Sue. icon_biggrin.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY..... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two MORE open Bookings.

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

White noise is a term for a comforting noise that helps with sleep and masks other non-comforting noises. A fan makes a steady calming noise, your neighbor blowing his nose or clinking a fork on plate isn't calming.

Two MORE open Bookings.

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

I agree 100% with Debi and jturner. Just relax, have a good time, do not worry about anything and everything. Things may go wrong but just sit back, enjoy a drink, look at the moon, and since you will be on your honeymoon, welllllll???. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

White noistealso helps those who live with a snoorer.

My advice is the same as some of the above go to the aft pool and see the stars. Breath deep and dream. Relax and enjoy yourself.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Check your Patter each night, so you wont miss something you might want to do in the morning. Carry one with you...........it seems that we are ALWAYS checking ours, even if we are not doing anything particular.

Like everyone else, just relax and do what YOU want to do.................oh, and take a travel clock.........if you are anything like me, it is impossible to figure out how to program those phones for a wake up call. icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hawaii - On the Island

The friends of Bill W meetings is AA...well thats what our American friends told us anyway.

I'm not being disrepectful but my hubby and I really didnt know..I was going to put my head round the door and look in to see what it was all about .....really glad I didnt.

Correct it is AA and as the saying goes "one is too many, a million is not enough".

Imagine the bar tab after a 7 day bender, you think debarkation and customs is ugly sober, imagine doing it after $2700 worth of hard core drink pounding making up for lost time.

I say this from a first hand perspective, not making fun of an 12 steppers.

Two MORE open Bookings.

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

See if you can find the "Secrets of Princess" thread that was running around about a month and a half ago. Lots of great tips that you might not think of on your own. These folks are a huge reservoir of info.

PS - I'll also look for it and post it if I can find it.

Try sleeping with your balcony door open (turn the air conditioner down please), the sound of the ship moving through the water is the best white noise going.

Order breakfast from room service as often as possible. Breakfast in bed on a honeymoon should be heaven on earth. Order anything and everything you desire. Also, room service knocking at your door beats an alarm clock or a wake up phone call.

Visit the Wheelhouse bar before dinner at least one night and repeat that 'first dance' with your DH.

Savor the sun rises and sun sets.

Don't try to do everything. After one cruise you'll be hooked and will want to sail again so the opertunity to do some things you pass up will present itself again later.

Don't panic about remembering to pack 'everything'. If you forget something you can either purchase it at one of the ship's shops or at a port.

Nothing beats a trip to the steam room.

Enjoy and relax, relax, relax!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Crown '93,Star '94, Regal '95,

Sun '96, Crown '97, Dawn '98,

Dawn '99, Sun 2000, Dawn '01,

Grand '02, Coral '03,Star 6/28/03, Sun 3/10/04, Star 02/27/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Star Princess Sailing

Archived