Advice for multiple islands please!

Hello all!

I am going on my very first cruise this November, I am really looking forward to it but at the moment feeling a bit overwhelmed as we are stopping in multiple locations and I am researching each island individually trying to find what to do on each stop! It would be amazing to hear your recommendations, for beaches/excursions etc. We want a mix of beach type chilling days plus some fun and interesting excursions. I'm looking for what you think would be best for a first time visitor, basically what you would do in your experience? we are stopping at :

Barbados

Bonaire

Aruba

Grenada

St Vincent

St Lucia

St Maarten

St Kitts

Antigua

Dominica

Also if someone could point out the location of the cruise ports for each island to help me map out ideas that would be amazing as it doesn't say on my itinerary (its a P&O cruise if that helps!)

Thanks so much in advance :D

Katy

• 2 weeks later...

You might also look at Trip Advisor.

St Maarten google Joyce Prince tours. She's amazing. We loved our tour. You can ask for suggestions or let her know some things you want to do. It's a beautiful island. Be sure and go to Serafina's Bakery if you like pastries. We had plenty of time to walk into Phillipsburg after our tour. A short walk.

Hi Katy, and welcome to the cruise critic family! Yes you will wat to post on the individual forums for the most helpful feedback, and the TripAdvisor forums can be helpful when you need more specific information from destination experts.

ReedPrincess on the St Lucia TA forum is extremely helpful, for example.

And your roll call forum is another good source of ideas, your fellow cruisers who have cruised before can help with questions and share their experiences on these islands.

Briefly, for gorgeous beaches Barbados is a must, Friar's Bay is our favorite on SXM and not a long taxi ride (also great food at the Beach Club there). We also highly recommend a day sail with Eagle Tours on SXM. you can enjoy Philipsburg and then take the cat sail, great boat and excellent crew! We enjoyed a private island tour on Antigua with Lawrence of Antigua, but the water is so blue and a cat sail around the island with a tour of the harbors is amazing. Aruba is all about the beach as is St Kitts so you will want to look at other options on the other islands.

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend Spencer Ambrose Tours in St Lucia. We just did the land and sea tour and loved it! It's an all day tour, and you visit a volcano (either view the volcano or spend time in the mud bath there), go to waterfall (and can go under it if you wish), then spend time at the beach between the Pitons. The snorkeling there was awesome, and they serve an authentic Caribbean lunch, and all you can drink (beer, rum punch, soda, or water). It was probably our favorite day of the cruise.

Hello all!

I am going on my very first cruise this November, I am really looking forward to it but at the moment feeling a bit overwhelmed as we are stopping in multiple locations and I am researching each island individually trying to find what to do on each stop! It would be amazing to hear your recommendations, for beaches/excursions etc. We want a mix of beach type chilling days plus some fun and interesting excursions. I'm looking for what you think would be best for a first time visitor, basically what you would do in your experience? we are stopping at :

Barbados

Bonaire

Aruba

Grenada

St Vincent

St Lucia

St Maarten

St Kitts

Antigua

Dominica

Also if someone could point out the location of the cruise ports for each island to help me map out ideas that would be amazing as it doesn't say on my itinerary (its a P&O cruise if that helps!)

Thanks so much in advance :D

Katy

If you are "beach" people, I might be able to help you out. We love the beach and love snorkeling as well.

Barbados-We went to The Boatyard and it's a beautiful beach with a trampoline in the water, a deck with a rope to swing into the water and they offer a FREE boatride out to swim with the turtles. It was amazing! Your admission price also includes a free ride back to the port. HERE is my review of our day there with TONS of pictures.

Aruba-We spent a day in Aruba in April and then loved it so much we came back for a 10 day vacation and just returned a few weeks ago. There are a lot of beaches. If you like snorkeling: Boca Catalina or Baby Bay. For a beautiful beach, we like Arashi but a lot of the cruise people go to Eagle or Palm Beach. HERE is a list of the beaches we went to with links and pictures. There are other neat things to do there such as visiting some of the animal sanctuaries or the natural bridge or rock formations. You would probably have to book with a vendor to get there because it can be quite confusing on your own.

St Lucia-We did a tour with Spencer Ambrose and it was the best day ever. He offers several tours and you can just do a beach break with AMAZING snorkeling or you can add in a trip to the mud baths/volcano pitons. The beach is located between the pitons and lunch and drinks are included. You reach it by boat and they tell you a lot of interesting things along the way. HERE is my review with TONS of pictures.

St Maarten-Oh the options are a lot. If you want a quiet beach to hang out at check out Mullet Bay and then mid-day walk over to Maho Beach (and also here) and watch the planes come in. They fly really low and it's something everyone goes there to see. We have also went to Divi and had a great day...it's more of a hangout at the beach type of day at this place. Then there's also a day at Pinel Island. If you are looking for a beach day that includes a little added "zing" to it, you can book with Caribbean Paddle and they will pick you up at the port and take you there and you'll kayak over to the island and it's beautiful!

St Kitts-We've been to several places here and we enjoy South Friars Bay more than Cockleshell beach. Timothy lookout is a beautiful site and way up on the mountain and you can see where the oceans meet. We went to Carambola on South Friars, but if we return, we would head down the beach to Discovery.

My signature line is full of places we have been. Feel free to look. They are loaded with pictures. :)

All links above in my typing (name of the place we went to) are clickable and will take you to my review with pictures.