Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

catz821

White water rafting

Has anyone ever been on the white water rafter shore excursion in Christoff? It says class 5 rapids so I emailed the company and they said u can walk around them if u want. Is this true? I did class 3 before and I'm wondering if they are they really that rapid? Any info will help, thanks a lot!

Has anyone ever been on the white water rafter shore excursion in Christoff? It says class 5 rapids so I emailed the company and they said u can walk around them if u want. Is this true? I did class 3 before and I'm wondering if they are they really that rapid? Any info will help, thanks a lot!

Do you mean Christchurch! We have some pretty tough rapids here so if they say class 5 they will mean it. We have some Class 5's here which are fun coz ive done them and its a 7m vertical drop water fall, loads of water exposure [we tipped the raft on landing] Can email you some images if you like. There are plenty of rafting options throughout NZ so you should be able to find something thats suits you. Let us know if we can help.

Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Ian, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, please e-mail rafting pics; I haven't been on a class 5 for 20 plus years, and would look forward to it; how cold is the water in December/January? Thanks for the info.

Scott

sandbag7@aol.com

Yes, sorry I did mean Christchurch. I booked the trip with the class 5 rapids. I emailed the tour company and they said u can walk around them if u didn't want to go thru them. I would like to see the pictures also. Thanks alot......

Ian, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, please e-mail rafting pics; I haven't been on a class 5 for 20 plus years, and would look forward to it; how cold is the water in December/January? Thanks for the info.

Scott

sandbag7@aol.com

Will email the rafting pics to you. Regards Ian

Would you like some of the Jet Baot ride we did last week at Longridge Fun park as well