"FREE" win a cruise drawing!!!!

Big Feet

my wife and I are frequent cruisers. RCI we have 340 days, Carn is 171, NCL is 71, CeleX is 183. Not telling you this to brag just to let you know we've been around. We've won 3 cruises since 1998. 1 on Carn and one on RCI. Last cruise on DAWN we won a 7 day and 1,000.00 value.

So here's the details: inside cabin (s) are around 500.00 each plus T&port. That eats up the 1K. So we decide to go on a 6 day AK cruise and bump up-- small print-- to bump to balcony you can't get the lowest price balcony you can only get cabins starting at one above lowest level and that was 1599.00EA. +T &port not the 856.00 balcony. So we opt for the mini lowest suite it's 3900.00 minus the 1K winners credit. 1900.00. Oh forgot your days can't count toward your Latitudes Points.

FYI on RCI and Carn when we bumped up (by upgrading and paying the difference for the cabin the points came to us. NO NOT with NCL. Wrote the president of NCL and just got a call they got my letter. Oh! no way we can give points even with the extra $2K we paid for upgrade. I reminded the man for the $2K outlay we could have had the lower balcony at $856.00 PP and gotten the 6 points. Oh no we can't do that he said. So I asked him "well what are you calling me for"? couldn't the office of the president just mail me NO WE CAN't do that. He told me NO WE CAN'T MAIL THAT ANSWER? what in the world is happening in the universe.

Here's the kick in the teeth, as if there isn't enough tooth loss, just received a flyer from our res person mini suite can be had on same cruise for $1099.00.

my wife and I are frequent cruisers. RCI we have 340 days, Carn is 171, NCL is 71, CeleX is 183. Not telling you this to brag just to let you know we've been around. We've won 3 cruises since 1998. 1 on Carn and one on RCI. Last cruise on DAWN we won a 7 day and 1,000.00 value.

So here's the details: inside cabin (s) are around 500.00 each plus T&port. That eats up the 1K. So we decide to go on a 6 day AK cruise and bump up-- small print-- to bump to balcony you can't get the lowest price balcony you can only get cabins starting at one above lowest level and that was 1599.00EA. +T &port not the 856.00 balcony. So we opt for the mini lowest suite it's 3900.00 minus the 1K winners credit. 1900.00. Oh forgot your days can't count toward your Latitudes Points.

FYI on RCI and Carn when we bumped up (by upgrading and paying the difference for the cabin the points came to us. NO NOT with NCL. Wrote the president of NCL and just got a call they got my letter. Oh! no way we can give points even with the extra $2K we paid for upgrade. I reminded the man for the $2K outlay we could have had the lower balcony at $856.00 PP and gotten the 6 points. Oh no we can't do that he said. So I asked him "well what are you calling me for"? couldn't the office of the president just mail me NO WE CAN't do that. He told me NO WE CAN'T MAIL THAT ANSWER? what in the world is happening in the universe.

Here's the kick in the teeth, as if there isn't enough tooth loss, just received a flyer from our res person mini suite can be had on same cruise for $1099.00.

Did you get paid tips, UBP or anything included??

MARAPRINCE

I have tried to read your post and understand. Impossible for me - or at least I gave up.

If your communications with NCL were anything like this... well....

I did read you wrote the PRESIDENT of NCL. I am guessing that one of the thousands of people in customer service could help, or give you the answer you wanted. Why?

And if somebody gave you that answer, then why the comments that they did not just email you the answer.

I am very confused as to what you are asking and why you....

I give up.

I have tried to read your post and understand. Impossible for me - or at least I gave up.

If your communications with NCL were anything like this... well....

I did read you wrote the PRESIDENT of NCL. I am guessing that one of the thousands of people in customer service could help, or give you the answer you wanted. Why?

And if somebody gave you that answer, then why the comments that they did not just email you the answer.

I am very confused as to what you are asking and why you....

I give up.

He/She wants a free free cruise.:D

OP, I am just being funny, this was not meant to offend you or anything. These days even free doesn't come free.:D

I just won the same free cruise on the 7/15 Escape sailing. Once I called to see how much it would be to upgrade just to a balcony and all the taxes/port charges & service charges are added on, it's not much cheaper than paying for the cruise outright. And like you said no latitudes points, and no ubp :'(

Here's food for OP's thoughts, a suggestion only, FWIW - going outside the box.

Is the "almost free" cruise transferable to someone else - if so, make a fire sale deal with family or friends, neighbors - let them enjoy the trip. They get a steal for the Inside (??) and help subsidize your desire for a balcony with all the perks, Latitude points, etc.

P.S. Be happy if NCL doesn't send you an IRS Form 1099 for being taxable income for its FMV/retail value for the winning. Just got my NYS jury duty (token) payment, almost got a 1099 myself - just 2 days short, had the case/trial gone on longer, whew !!