First Impressions of a First Time Azamara Cruiser

ChucktownSteve

Did you actually look round the inside of Peterhof?

When we went to St Petersburg with SPB 2 years ago, we only looked around the outside. Our guide SPB guide ( Luba, who taught the other guides in the winter) said that the church there had been recently renovated and even she hadn't been shown around.

So next year, I would like to see the inside of the palace.

Yes we were admitted inside Peterhof. We were on group line prior to the opening of the general public entrance. Somehow three SPB groups arranged to consolidate and our group moved up to another one which may have reduced our wait by 15-30 minutes. But yes we actually got to go throughout the Palace before walking around the gardens. However we were not allowed to photograph anything inside the Palace, just the gardens.

You can see some very good interior pictures here. http://www.saint-petersburg.com/peterhof/grand-palace/

Yes we were admitted inside Peterhof. We were on group line prior to the opening of the general public entrance. Somehow three SPB groups -----But yes we actually got to go throughout the Palace

Thank you Steve.

I will look into SPB tours again.

Several of us are doing TJ travel that go inside Peterhoff. i never take the drive just for the gardens. i want both .saw both in the late 80's. I am shocked how many tours do not go inside. Please look at TJ travel and thy do go to Baltic states.

Several of us are doing TJ travel that go inside Peterhoff. i never take the drive just for the gardens. i want both .saw both in the late 80's. I am shocked how many tours do not go inside. Please look at TJ travel and thy do go to Baltic states.

Robin, Based upon our recent tour, you would be shocked at how many tour groups DO go inside! It's just a sea of humanity pretty much throughout the entire palace in season. Our line to get into Peterhoff was one hour and that was the special group entrance before the general public was let in.

Robin, Based upon our recent tour, you would be shocked at how many tour groups DO go inside! It's just a sea of humanity pretty much throughout the entire palace in season. Our line to get into Peterhoff was one hour and that was the special group entrance before the general public was let in.

Steve is correct. Any of the larger private tour companies will go inside Peterhoff. It's just a question of time. SPB goes inside on their deluxe 3-day tour, but not their 2-day tour. However, if you get your own private group, they will do it for you if you eliminate something else. I believe we considered it and wound up eliminating something and adding the Grand Choral Synagogue in St Petersburg. You can only see so much. The other advantage of SPB is that they will provide a chauffeur service at night while others will not. We took advantage of this and dined at a beautiful restaurant in St Petersburg. That was a highlight for us.