Star princess drydock

blambition

Some photos

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.ca/2017/12/pictures-of-star-post-drydock-121617.html?m=1

The new in cabin TV's are huge and look to have multiple menus. The lamps have USB ports on them

Thanks for the pictures. BTW, are those Rum Runners I see in the mirror reflection sitting on the shelf under the TV?

Thank you for these great pics! We will be on the Star in June so it's nice to see her all spruced up.

You mentioned Bluetooth in the cabin now, please tell me the music can't be played too loud! Otherwise I will be with my teenagers and endlessly saying "turn it down!"...:o

No upgrade to muts, as far as I can tell anyways. Heading southbound put the sun shining on the screen directly most of yesterday making it difficult to see darker scenes. Not sure if that can be rectified with a new screen but the screen itself was slightly uneven in brightness which would indicate it is the original screen installed, however it still does suit the purpose.

The Bluetooth on the TV's can get loud, I also found out how to look at your photos on devices. I'll provide a walkthrough later although it's not terribly hard to figure out for tech savvy folks.

Lots of folks wearing ocean medallion navy blue jackets walking around. Seems like the star will get it. I also noticed a new satellite "sphere" near the putting green.

I'll provide a full review on the website soon.

Hi all - just a few notes as I am between flights on my way home from the Star. In addition to the nice work previously noted, I can add there is some new carpeting in public areas (you can feel the "lift" as you walk), repairs to tiles in the Horizon Court area, and the digital informational screens in the elevator lobbies. Contractors are still on board installing wiring and tweaking the innards. (I suspect unfinished work and the need to house contractors was the reason many folks received offers to move cruises to different dates).

MUTS does not appear to be upgraded, but is in generally good shape.

Sabatini's was completely redone - but not sure why. I ate there in November and it appeared in good condition to me.

I understand from staff there was "an incredible" amount of wiring and new control systems/computers installed during dry dock, but was not completed. I suppose this is to support transition to Ocean Medallion, but only a guess on my part.

Overall, the Star is in good shape and always glad to sail on her.

Cheers!

Additionally there was all new equipment in the fitness center although no abdominal equipment. There appeared to be large visuals of the deck floor plans on each level making it easier to navigate floors. The lack of an upgrade to the buffet area was disappointing - actually no upgrades to food except Sabatinis was a disappointment.

Additionally there was all new equipment in the fitness center although no abdominal equipment. There appeared to be large visuals of the deck floor plans on each level making it easier to navigate floors. The lack of an upgrade to the buffet area was disappointing - actually no upgrades to food except Sabatinis was a disappointment.
That's disappointing since the original design is very flawed. They had ropes to control entrance and exits.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking through all of these Star updates since we will be on her in June, and am now considering switching to interior cabins to save some money toward another cruise. We currently have balcony cabins and I hate to give them up, but we would like to do the British Isles in 2019.

Anyway, I'm hoping that runnerodb83 is still checking these forums with his awesome updated Star photos and I noticed that his cabin appeared to be an interior...

so if so, or anyone else who has been in an interior cabin on Star (a quad with - gulp - those dreaded folding bunks from the wall), can you please give me any information that I should consider before switching to those? I have never sailed in an interior before.

• 2 months later...
I'm looking through all of these Star updates since we will be on her in June, and am now considering switching to interior cabins to save some money toward another cruise. We currently have balcony cabins and I hate to give them up, but we would like to do the British Isles in 2019.

Anyway, I'm hoping that runnerodb83 is still checking these forums with his awesome updated Star photos and I noticed that his cabin appeared to be an interior...

so if so, or anyone else who has been in an interior cabin on Star (a quad with - gulp - those dreaded folding bunks from the wall), can you please give me any information that I should consider before switching to those? I have never sailed in an interior before.

Well i was on the same cruise with runnerodb83. What do you want to know about an interior quad. Neither he or I had one with the upper bunks but we were both in inside cabins. Mine was aft on Aloha deck to be close to access the terrace pool and horizon court. Typically I book forward on Plaza deck to be close to the Intl Cafe and many of those have upper berths. They aren't a big deal to avoid when they are folded up. You can fold them down and use as storage if you dont mind sleeping under them. runnerodb83 usually books Lido deck forward to be close to the spa and pools. I think any of those 3 locations are superior than almost any other interior cabin location on grand class ships and fortunately they are usually the least expensive.