Carnival price protection Lamanai excursion

bohemian101

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may try my luck, too! Spending a little extra to be one of the first off the ship AND having the ship waiting guarantee probably warrants the extra $20.

Thanks for everyone telling everyone else about this - i had no idea there even was a price match thing (since the ship tours always seem more expensive - I thought that was a given!!)

Quick update!

You guys here are THE BEST - you saved me $66!!! This is what I got:

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $32.99 per person. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the $95.00 rate per guest. Our tour launches from an exclusive Ayinha property built solely for efficient access to Lamanai. Ayinha reduces down the overall travel time by motor coach & boat transfer by 2 hours to reach the Lamanai ruins. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing the experience of a lifetime. Ayinha day admission is USD $20.00 per person, and includes a fusion of Belizean cultural along with Belizean Lunch Buffet. This $20 entrance fee has been included to make the tours comparable.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Scott

The famous Scott :-) Still an expensive tour, but worth spending some extra for peace of mind to get back to the ship on time etc. AND getting off the ship first thing in the morning - that was actually my main concern with the tendering.

So I encourage anyone to do this!! Thanks again for pointing this out as I would otherwise NEVER have thought of doing this!!!

• 1 month later...

Just to keep this recent, I just submitted a claim and got the same answer from Scott. Out of curiosity, has anyone contacted the competitor to see if they really don’t use this special facility or include the $20 admission in the price as Carnival claims?

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $32.99 per person for the adult tickets and $5.49 for the child ticket. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the $95.00 rate per adult and $85.00 rate per child.  Our tour launches from an exclusive Ayinha property built solely for efficient access to Lamanai. Ayinha reduces down the overall travel time by motor coach & boat transfer by 2 hours to reach the Lamanai ruins. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing the experience of a lifetime. Ayinha day admission is USD $20.00 per person, and includes a fusion of Belizean cultural along with Belizean Lunch Buffet.  This”

Honestly, I think it's BS - I'd much rather have gone to the competitor's mother's house and eaten her home-cooked food as the food that was included in the Carnival excursion was absolutely pathetic! Tiny tiny portion - ONE small piece of plantain and a couple of bony pieces (like, one bite each!) of chicken and when i asked for another piece of plantain I was told no!! Ridiculous!! 

However, it does buy you peace of mind bc you get to get off the ship first etc. ifyou go through Carnival. 

Overall, nice excursion but in my opinion overpriced even with the discount

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked this excursion today and submitted the price protection form. Used my Carnival Mastercard so I should get a 10% refund from them.  I would just go with the outside company but on such a long excursion, I'd rather it be through carnival. Will update when I hear back from them.

Edited by Saint Greg

I received my response today. I’m good with this. I booked using my carnival MasterCard so I should get a 10% statement credit as well. Worth a little bit extra to ensure the ship won’t leave me. 

Carnival Logo

Message History
Response By Email (11/19/2018 04:14 PM)
Hello Gregory,

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $32.99. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the $95.00 rate per guest.  Our tour launches from an exclusive Ayinha property built solely for efficient access to Lamanai. Ayinha reduces down the overall travel time by motor coach & boat transfer by 2 hours to reach the Lamanai ruins. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing the experience of a lifetime. Ayinha day admission is USD $20.00 per person, and includes a fusion of Belizean cultural along with Belizean Lunch Buffet.  This $20 entrance fee has been included to make the tours comparable.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Scott
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hllb said:

Can anyone who has gone on this excursion through Carnival tell me how accessible bathrooms are during the trip?  Specifically, how long one would have to go without access to one?

I just did it last week. I covered it pretty good in my live review including the times we left and arrived places along with bathroom breaks. But the short answer is an hour and a half being the longest between bathroom breaks.

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I just did it last week. I covered it pretty good in my live review including the times we left and arrived places along with bathroom breaks. But the short answer is an hour and a half being the longest between bathroom breaks.

Thank you so much! I’ll have to read your full review

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread,  we are booked on the Princess excursion to Lamanai in late January, and just found this thread and an identical private tour that is considerably cheaper.  We have paid for the Princess excursion, as have the other couple we are traveling with, at a cost of $139 per person.  The private tour (both say the same 6 hour length, includes transfer, boat, lunch and admissions) is $70 per person since we have four people. This is a huge difference!  

princess says they have the excursion price guarantee so I’m going to go ahead and file a claim.  Wish me luck and thank you for all of your helpful comments! 

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank everyone, you guys and this thread are the greatest!!!  I filed it with Princess Shore Excursion Department for their price guarantee, and just received notification that I was receiving $61 per person OBC for the difference (Princess comparable tour price is higher than Carnival, crazy!!)

thank you again, $122 will come in very handy! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, cruisebarbie said:

I am trying to fill out the price adjustment form and I keep getting an error saying "the duration time is not in the correct format".  How do I fix that?  it just has two blank spaces with a : in between

I had that problem too.  But I can't remember what I ended up typing in.  I tried so many different things.  Keep trying!

Just letting others know that I was able to get a price match on the Xunantunich ruins tour for upcoming cruise on the carnival magic.   The length of the trips weren't exactly the same so I played around with those numbers a bit and I got the discount.   

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brookeq said:

Just letting others know that I was able to get a price match on the Xunantunich ruins tour for upcoming cruise on the carnival magic.   The length of the trips weren't exactly the same so I played around with those numbers a bit and I got the discount.   

I finally got the form submitted.  How long did it take before you received the approval?  And, did you fill one out for each person?  I went ahead and did because I wasn't sure how they would look at it.  My boys are in a separate room and therefore had a separate booking number

36 minutes ago, cruisebarbie said:

I finally got the form submitted.  How long did it take before you received the approval?  And, did you fill one out for each person?  I went ahead and did because I wasn't sure how they would look at it.  My boys are in a separate room and therefore had a separate booking number

I did mine on a weekend and heard back on Monday.

2 hours ago, cruisebarbie said:

It was pretty quick if I remember correctly.  Within a day.