Freedom... Could Care Less

jebl

Am I the only person who has no interest in the Freedon of the Seas? I haven't sailed Voyager calss and have no desire to. I love the feel of the smaller ships i.e. Nordic Prince. I know a lot of folks are really into the bigger the better and for them that is great. I wish the cruise lines would build some smaller ships. As the ships got bigger I noticed a lot of differences in the food presentation, quality and service and also in the activities and giveaways. They used to be more and of a better quality.

So, is it just me or are there others out there who want to stay with the smaller ships?

I have sailed Voyager class and disliked it. I briefly considered FOS as there was a C&A sailing advertised but then realized how totally foolish that would be.

Voyager class is overrun with kids and I expect FOS will be even worse. ANd the sheer size is enough to send me running in the opposite direction.

I have no interest in the FOS. Voyager is big enough for me. Also, I think the FOS will be a kid magnet, so I have no interest in cruising with tons of kids. Some are fine, but something tells me that this ship will be LOADED with kids. Another thing I don't like about the FOS is that at this point, it only doing Western Caribbean, which I have no interest in either.

Am I the only person who has no interest in the Freedon of the Seas? I haven't sailed Voyager calss and have no desire to. I love the feel of the smaller ships i.e. Nordic Prince. I know a lot of folks are really into the bigger the better and for them that is great. I wish the cruise lines would build some smaller ships. As the ships got bigger I noticed a lot of differences in the food presentation, quality and service and also in the activities and giveaways. They used to be more and of a better quality.

So, is it just me or are there others out there who want to stay with the smaller ships?

I've sailed Voyager class four times, and we are booked on FOS (a family of five). We most recently sailed on Adventure OS as just a couple.

For families, the Voyager class wins hands down, I have a feeling Freedom will just raise that bar more.

For just a couples experience, I can't say as I'm totally sold on Voyager class. Still love the Royal Promenade inside, beautiful walks around a large promenade deck outside, and the many features offered. With the larger size, the trade off comes in diminished service. Not bad, but diminished.

Our next sailing as couple will be on a smaller ship offering more amenities.

I AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!! I loved the Nordic Prince and Song of America/Norway. The biggest current ship I care to be on is Brilliance of the Seas.............I am not planning on the Voyager Class and certainly not anything bigger!!!!!!! :eek:

Well, our small family of three (myself, DH and 7-yr. old son) will be getting aboard the Legend tomorrow, and for us, this will be fantastic. I just don't know if all the extras are worth it for us. To each their own, though.

I've been on the larger ships, and while they have a few more activities, there really isn't that big a difference to justify some of the higher prices, IMHO.

Now, if I was offered a free cruise aboard the FOS, then who am I to turn it down? If not, I'll wait until the hoopla dies down and then perhaps cruise her.

Lisa

Also if you haven't tried the big ships how can you make a comment?

I don't want to try to huge mega-ships, because there are too many passengers!!! Way too many people in a confined area. The ships are too big for my taste and too impersonal. I like the smaller-mid size ships.

Just a personal preference. ;)

Actually, your post title is an unfortunate American colloquialism. If indeed you could care less than you currently do then you actually care about Freedom of the Seas.

To express the disdain that you are trying to express your title should be "Freedom.....Couldn't Care Less".

Actually, your post title is an unfortunate American colloquialism. If indeed you could care less than you currently do then you actually care about Freedom of the Seas.

To express the disdain that you are trying to express your title should be "Freedom.....Couldn't Care Less".

That's right! I care so little that I couldn't care less.

People get that one wrong all the time.

I haven't jumped on the booking bandwagon for the Freedom of the Seas and I likely won't either.

Western Caribbean isn't my thing - I prefer Eastern or Southern so that is the main reason I won't consider the Freedom. Maybe if they change the itinerary at some point I may reconsider.....

I personally like the big ships. I also like the smaller ones too! I've never felt any more crowded on teh Voyager ships than the smaller ones either. And the increase amount of amenities are great!

I would not book Freedom now, at least not until the itenerary changes. I have no interest in doing a western route again for quite some time.

I am one of the many Texans who love the Rhapsody, so I confess that my judgement is clouded. I am older and I love the way that I am treated on her. I don't need the extras (ice skating rinks, miniature golf) to make my cruise enjoyable. I love the peace and quiet of looking out at the ocean.

Therefore, to me, why would I pay the airfare to travel to Miami to sail a huge ship that goes to the same itinerary as the Rhapsody? I know myself and I wouldn't.

It's been said many times that one of the worst things is "contempt prior to investigation". Maybe when the day comes and we are traveling with grandchildern, I will rethink this and go with the kid friendly ship loaded with activities.

by the responses here. I accepted to see flaming of the OP and was pleasantly surprised to see there are others that think as I do.

I don't like anything bigger than the Radiance class ships. I have no interest in ice skating (I can do that here without the cost), no interest in rock climbing on a rock climbing wall that, quite frankly, just looks like a big brown paper mache something or other, no interest in a shopping mall, (again I can do that here.)

And I agree with the others about about the child magnet. I have no objections to kids, but there is a limit to the number I want to sail with and last but not least, I don't like the itinerary at all.

But that's my opinion.

You're not the only one. I look at price and itinerary first when I book a cruise and Freedom loses on both of those points with me. I have never been on a Voyager class ship, but the things that are so attractive to others don't interest me. Don't wanna shop on the ship, rock-climb, play golf, any of that stuff. I *might* see an ice show, that's about it. I like the smaller ships. I really loved the Zenith, I don't know what it was about that ship but I felt like I was really on a SHIP and not an enormous floating hotel. :) Obviously lots of folks are really into the bigger, newer, most features thing and they will probably have an amazing time. It's not for me though.

Radiance class is my favorite and largest ship I like to sail on.....the smaller the ship, the less kids there are....don't get me wrong, I like kids (I had 6 of my own!), but now that they're grown up and on their own, I prefer the 'quieter' cruises.....with that being said, we're taking our grandkids on their first cruise in January!

Michele

Archived