Great tour in Bora Bora

Achristie

Hi -- we are traveling on Oceania Regatta from San Diego on November 1, 2017. We are trying to find a few other passengers who would like to join us on a tour in Bora Bora with Maohi Nui Tours on Friday November 17. We had the good fortune to spend the day with Patrick and his team a couple of years ago. We would love to have the chance to snorkel and tour again. Anyone who is interested can reach out directly: patrick.bora@mail.pf.

Thanks

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Helvetica}p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}

Hi -- we are traveling on Oceania Regatta from San Diego on November 1, 2017. We are trying to find a few other passengers who would like to join us on a tour in Bora Bora with Maohi Nui Tours on Friday November 17. We had the good fortune to spend the day with Patrick and his team a couple of years ago. We would love to have the chance to snorkel and tour again. Anyone who is interested can reach out directly: patrick.bora@mail.pf.

Thanks

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Helvetica}p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}

We booked Patrick a few years ago and he did not show up, but sent one of his people. Was pretty good, but would have liked to know in advance. We would most likely said OK. When the tour was booked we thought that Patrick would be there. Still we had a very good day.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and Oceania! There is a forum dedicated to the rollcalls for each ship. Your rollcall is active for this sailing, and is located at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2386180

Please post this in your rollcall, so others on your cruise can join you, and have a great trip.

The problem with that is you do not get any feedback on tours from people who did them in the past. I would never have been on that roll call to give my take on the Bora Bora tour he is asking about. In this case there may be a need to post in both places.

We booked Patrick a few years ago and he did not show up, but sent one of his people. Was pretty good, but would have liked to know in advance. We would most likely said OK. When the tour was booked we thought that Patrick would be there. Still we had a very good day.

He has 3 or 4 boats and at least two land vehicles. When a ship is in port they are all busy. You can't expect him to be on every one.

If you do one of their tours make sure to include the Motu picnic.

He has 3 or 4 boats and at least two land vehicles. When a ship is in port they are all busy. You can't expect him to be on every one.

Just saying that when we booked we expected Patrick to be our guide based on how his web site gave us the info. Had a good time but it should have been explained at time of booking that Patrick might not not be with us. Maybe a little bait and switch. :(:(:(

We and 30+ persons booked all of Patrick's boats in Nov 2015. Patrick was with us in our boat and obviously for the motor picnic.

Best Motou tour!

My husband has been on tours with Patrick's group twice, both arranged by others on our roll call, once on Celebrity Solstice several years ago and again this spring on Oceania Marina. Patrick has gotten more popular and therefore busier but DH thought this last one was just fine with new boats and a barbecue on the motu with Patrick leading the festivities. Snorkeling there is always excellent and he was not disappointed. He just walked through as I was posting and said he did not think it made any difference if Patrick is on a particular boat or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't recall seeing any guarantee that Patrick would be the guide. We chose to go out on an outrigger canoe and there were 4 other ones out plus the larger catamaran. Patrick was on the catamaran and presided over the Motu picnic. Our canoe guide was personable and friendly, he sang and played the ukulele.

This tour is top notch and it gets raves on TA, CC. I cannot imagine skipping it because Patrick might not be on our boat.

I don't recall seeing any guarantee that Patrick would be the guide. We chose to go out on an outrigger canoe and there were 4 other ones out plus the larger catamaran. Patrick was on the catamaran and presided over the Motu picnic. Our canoe guide was personable and friendly, he sang and played the ukulele.

This tour is top notch and it gets raves on TA, CC. I cannot imagine skipping it because Patrick might not be on our boat.

Did not say that I would skip it, but all his advertising featured him with his pictures out front so we expected him to be there. I did say we had a good time but it should have been explained better in advance. Either way he seems to be the best choice for good tours in Bora Bora.

Did not say that I would skip it, but all his advertising featured him with his pictures out front so we expected him to be there. I did say we had a good time but it should have been explained better in advance. Either way he seems to be the best choice for good tours in Bora Bora.

Just to add a little more about Patrick's Tour. Obviously there is no guarantee that you will have him as your tour guide on the boat. He owns several boats which lessens the odds. When we booked all of his boat as well as the Motu picnic, unless he is away visiting his 2 other children, he has 3 of them, he will be present at the picnic after the tour on his own, his family owns the motu, where the picnic takes place. He will personally dance for the group, etc on the motu. Well worth the tour, but even if Patrick is not the guide don the boat, he other guides are very good and entertaining.