Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I know SYD ports has Explorer coming in 2019/2020, however wasn't it somewhere mentioned, on here, that after the 2018/19 season that the ship was heading back to the Carribean? If that is the case then is it possible that SYD would get 2 Quantum class vessels, with one going back to Asia after our summer season, and the other doing a trans Pacific then the Alaska season.

We have a B2B with a TP booked on Explorer in April 2019 with a Celebrity NZ before that. Don't scare me!!

We have a B2B with a TP booked on Explorer in April 2019 with a Celebrity NZ before that. Don't scare me!!

I'm guessing your TP on Explorer in April 2019 is a repo to Seattle for the Alaska season? Following that Summer in Alaska I suppose it could return to SYD in the Fall (Spring in SYD) season?

I am booked on the TP and prepared to sail to Singapore also if she is sent that way instead do from Sydney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know SYD ports has Explorer coming in 2019/2020, however wasn't it somewhere mentioned, on here, that after the 2018/19 season that the ship was heading back to the Carribean? If that is the case then is it possible that SYD would get 2 Quantum class vessels, with one going back to Asia after our summer season, and the other doing a trans Pacific then the Alaska season.

From what I can recall from Royal Caribbeans press release when the 2018/19 Australian season was released, they said that after the 2017/18 Australian season Voyager is going to replace Mariner in Asia on a full-time basis w/th Mariner re-positioning to a new homeport. As a result Explorer, Radiance and Ovation will homeport in Sydney for the 2018/19 season. There has been rumors of a fourth ship joining them but nothing definite yet.

Quantum can use the same dry dock in China that Ovation used in May.

A number of folks here assumed the same thing for Mariner, yet, she's going to Freeport for her dry dock. If Quantum were staying, using a "local" dry dock might make sense, but since I don't see 3 Quantum class ships in Asia (yet) and Quantum is the most likely to leave, her dry dock could be elsewhere.

A number of folks here assumed the same thing for Mariner, yet, she's going to Freeport for her dry dock. If Quantum were staying, using a "local" dry dock might make sense, but since I don't see 3 Quantum class ships in Asia (yet) and Quantum is the most likely to leave, her dry dock could be elsewhere.

True point.

The part I don't understand is this year Royal have cut some China cruises on Ovation, Voyager and Mariner to sail from Singapore. Also Legend of the Seas has left the fleet and done no China cruises in 2017.

So what will happen to Voyager and Quantum if this trend continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what will happen to Voyager and Quantum if this trend continues.

Go where the money is. This is where RCI's strategy of having fairly late (compared to other lines) release of 2019 itineraries helps - they have another 6 months to see the booking trends and decide where to put their ships.

Have you any Idea why?

We love the Quantum class, but not too happy to travel to Asia :(

They want to attract Chinese with brand new and modern ship to expect earn a maximum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They want to attract Chinese with brand new and modern ship to expect earn a maximum

I also think the high passenger count make them want to send it to Asia to get the most from the gambling crowd.

So is it a safe bet that Anthem of the Seas will still be doing Canada/New England in summer of 2019?

As safe as we can know this far in advance. However, you really never know what Royal is going to do until they release the new itineraries. Even then, things can change.