Cruise Critic Community
Thorben-Hendrik

Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

On the captains corner on the Anthem, the captain said that one Quantum Class ship will be based in Florida.

I hope so. Would love to sail on one but not a fan of traveling to NJ to catch a cruise.....especially in the winter.

On the captains corner on the Anthem, the captain said that one Quantum Class ship will be based in Florida.

Good to hear, we will finally get to try one.:)

That would be awsesome!

I'd love to see that. When I add the flight to NY from Florida, the cost is too much on the Anthem. I'd jump at the chance to go on a Quantum Class ship.

RCI may want to duplicate what NCL will do with Bliss - Alaska in summer and Caribbean in winter, likely with Quantum.

RCI may want to duplicate what NCL will do with Bliss - Alaska in summer and Caribbean in winter, likely with Quantum.

Can a Quantum Class do the Panama Canal? That’d be a great cruise!

Could very well be dry dock. Last dry dock for Navigator was Feb 2014, so Jan 2019 would almost be the 5-year mark.

Curious, is there a web site that keeps track of these RCCL ship movements and dry dock schedules?

The new lock for sure they can

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A Quantum class ship can fit into the new locks, but I don't know it it can fit under the Bridge of the Americas.

Let’s see which ship it might be.

It’s just a VERY VAGUE theory from my side, without any source or confirmation, but:

2019 would be the first time for Quantum otS (I mean the original one) to go into dry dock.

Nay be they could do that in Europe, so therefore she might be sent to Europe, spent a Europe season there, and by fall 2019 she might move to Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh please..please...please RCI send us a Quantum ship to be based in PC!! :D :hearteyes:

Or better yet...send it to Miami and send Mariner back to us where she first started!

Or better yet...send it to miami and send mariner back to us where she first started!

+1!:)

That would be marvelous!

A Quantum class ship can fit into the new locks, but I don't know it it can fit under the Bridge of the Americas.

Hoopster95 had posted a pic of some specs in the engine control room and it had listed the air draft of 205' for the Quantum, which is the max permitted for the Thatcher Ferry Bridge... I just had to call it by the original name once:). So it should be able to transit if the powers to be wish it so.

Oh please..please...please RCI send us a Quantum ship to be based in PC!! :D :hearteyes:

Or better yet...send it to Miami and send Mariner back to us where she first started!

I agree -- first choice Mariner -- even if 3/4 day itineraries -- we would do back to back. Then QN class

Also, Captain Claus is one of MN's captains.

Please send us a quantum class to PC for new terminal in 2019!

Miami will have the new terminal, not PC.

Perfect, Quantum class to Miami, Mariner to PC.:D

The NCL Bliss will do a Panama canal cruise so being virtually the same size as Quantum, the Quantum should be able to do it as well.

The NCL Bliss will do a Panama canal cruise so being virtually the same size as Quantum, the Quantum should be able to do it as well.

NCL and their wisdom has kept the Bliss's air draft to around 190', so there is no issue with the BoA. On the other hand I don't know if the 205 figure with Anthem is with the stacks extended or lowered.

I agree -- first choice Mariner -- even if 3/4 day itineraries -- we would do back to back. Then QN class

Also, Captain Claus is one of MN's captains.

My first RCI cruise was on Mariner out of PC...doing the "half century" celebration in a GS....became instantly spoiled!! :hearteyes: