Seeing the Ocean from Allure?

We are contemplating booking a 7 day Western Carib cruise on Allure this coming February for our family... I've read that it can be difficult to find somewhere to see the ocean while on-board? Just how hard is it? Are there certain public places we'll be able to see it from, especially for departure? We'll be traveling with our 3 young sons (which is why we picked Allure), and my mother-in-law... this will be the first cruise for all 4 of them, so I'd like them to be able to have at least a little bit of that classic cruise experience of just watching the boat sail through the ocean. Thank you!

We were on Allure in March - and we had an outside balcony cabin - which was really nice. We could sit out on our balcony and watch the waves whenever we felt like. It is true that on much of the ship - you don't see the ocean.... but the pool deck areas are very nice. For adults, we loved the Solarium. There's also a nice area on deck 5 - all the way aft on the ship (the running/walking track is here) where there's a few Adirondack style chairs you can sit in and look out on the wake.

Ocean view balconies are the only class of cabin truly facing water. However, in the back of the ship, Boardwalk balconies toward the aft can also see some water....however, all other classes of cabins don't fact water.

When you are on the ship you can see the ocean from the aft on the Boardwalk deck towards the AquaTheatre or up on the upper decks at various places. We never felt deprived of seeing the ocean, but it was definitely more limited on the Oasis class of ship.

I'd like them to be able to have at least a little bit of that classic cruise experience

For this reason alone, you're picking the wrong class of ship in my humble opinion. However, you said specifically "I'd like them to have...", but what do they want? May not be the same answer. The kids especially will have a blast, the problem is they won't even know, or care, that they're on the ocean. However sounds like you do :)

There are PLENTY of places to see the ocean onboard.

I disagree. Anyone who has ever sailed on the smaller/older/"classic" ships unanimously say here on CC that Voyager Class and up are inward focus with very few views out to the ocean from anywhere inside compared to Vision and Radiance Class. Also Anthem is a great ship for outward views, much much superior for looking outward compared to Oasis Class.

Best place to chill out and watch the ocean in my sole, and possibly minority, opinion is the Solarium at the front of the ship, which includes the wings which Bob already mentioned. Other spots are the railings of the pool deck, deck 5 running track, and rear of the ship on either side of the Aqua Theatre on deck 7 (You & MIL can enjoy the aft views while the kids are rock climbing).