Eyes Down - Place Your Bets!

excitedofharpenden

Ok, this is a bit of a tongue in cheek thread for a Friday afternoon with a serious underlying question. If memory serves correctly, the last M-Class ship to get a dose of 'the pods' was Connie in March this year(?). So which is the next M-Class ship scheduled to go into unscheduled drydock and when? I'm on Summit with many others in March 2006. Should I be getting worried? Do you think I might have a chance of a free cruise (;)tbelian)?

Phil

Yes Seabee. I'm adopting a heads I win tails they lose approach:), but it would be interesting to see what others thoughts. I'll even put up a prize for the competition for the person with the right ship and closest in date. A special excitedofharpenden coupon for a free Margarita on board any Celebrity ship, redeemable throughout 2006, assuming that we have a winner by then. Just need to work out the logistics of how someone can redeem it. Come on a cruise with me is probably the easiest.:D

Phil

Ok, this is a bit of a tongue in cheek thread for a Friday afternoon with a serious underlying question. If memory serves correctly, the last M-Class ship to get a dose of 'the pods' was Connie in March this year(?). So which is the next M-Class ship scheduled to go into unscheduled drydock and when? I'm on Summit with many others in March 2006. Should I be getting worried? Do you think I might have a chance of a free cruise (;)tbelian)?

Phil

The "pods"? ...all cruise ships have cases of them..."i"s that is.

Garry, that's another approach I'm adopting. If I worry about it, it won't happenWonder.gif How many times do I do that?:rolleyes:

Phil

Oh no!!!! Another worrier! Bob always asks me if I'm worried and if I say yes, then says "Good, that means everything will be fine!" Good heavens, with both of us worrying, this is going to be the best cruise ever. (I'm even worrying about your ears.):D

Garry

You know that is not a funny thought...I was just thinking about that today myself. With over 14 months of anticipation I think it just might put me over the edge. We sailed on Mercury at the same time as Summit was cancelled last year. It was sure a topic of conversation on our boat.

Let's not bring up any bad omens!

Nancy

Phil,

You wicked wicked boy !!!!! Trying to put a jinx!!!! :eek:

The only ship that I've heard has the annual pod problem is the Infinity. That's what happened to the sailing before ours this year. I'm sure the management is hoping that 2006 is the year of pod-free problems!

Anita

Phil

Hi Phil,

I know you and I always cruise the same dates, just different ships. You're on the Summit, I'm on the Constellation.......maybe the Infinity? Millennium used to have pod problems.

How come you haven't booked anything else. If you're true to form, you should be looking at October, 2006.

I am pretty sure the Summit was drydocked for pod problems in late Spring or early Summer in both 2004 and 2005. An earlier poster mentioned a drydock first week of June, 2005. That is correct since we were on the ship two weeks later. I also thought the Summit was in drydock in 2004 for the same problem.

Les

PODS: Coffee pods, small round and tightly packed, great for espresso

PODS: Portable on Demand Storage

PODS: Principals of Database Systems

Whales congregate in PODS

Peas in a POD

The only PODS discussed from this day forward, thanks you

Phil,

If your cruise gets cancelled because of pod problems, then our cruise should sail with brand new pods. You could join us instead :D

Since it seems to me that these pods usually get changed in between itinerary changes, I am hoping that we will be safe. I would be more concerned if I were booked on the last one, scheduled to sail on April 23.

Astrid

Archived