Carnival Dream trip report. Carnival Dream 8/13/17

steve4031

Enjoying your trip review. We will be in a cove balcony on the Dream Jan 21, 2018. Do you get any direct sun out on the balcony? TIA

You would during the middle part of the day of the sum is shining in at correct angle, there a life boats above that provide some shade,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Slow start this Morning. A couple of sessions with snooze button on my iPhone and 2 wrong turns and was late to breakfast. Subsequently 7 minutes late to the encore lounge and then relieved my excursion had not been called.

The best part is I was by myself so I did not have to hear about the longer than normal trip to breakfast. Or the fast walk to the encore lounge.

Enjoying your trip review. We will be in a cove balcony on the Dream Jan 21, 2018. Do you get any direct sun out on the balcony? TIA

We will also be in a cove balcony on that cruise! We've always stayed in a balcony room, but this will be the first cove balcony. This review is really getting us excited!

Belize is a long, hot day. I picked the river Wallace and altun Ha tour. The tour starts off with a 2 hour boat ride that leaves from the pier in the secure port area. The boat speeds across the bay and allows down to enter the Belize river (aka Wallace). The river is lined trees and houses. We were lucky to see dolphins and the boat turned around and ran fast to encourage the dolphins to play in the wake. They did. Iguanas and monkeys are spotted in the trees in the distance and were hard to see if you didn't know what to look for.

At the end of the boat ride we stopped for lunch at a restaurant. It was not air conditioned you could sit out side at shaded tables. Still pretty hot after the long boat ride. The iguanas in the restaurant yard was the high light IMHO. It was too hot to eat so drank an orange soda out of a glass bottle.

After three hours of heat we got on a nicely air conditioned bus to go to altun ha. I did climb to the top and lived to curse about it as I did it. I enjoyed the view. The steps are uneven and require big strides to get up them.

The bus ride for us back as close as possible to the tender. As a solo I excercised my right not to shop and got right on a tender. It took an hour from entering the port to boarding the air conditioned dream.

My advice for Belize is to skip the river Wallace portion and book tours that focus on one topic. On the dream itinerary you can see wild life in roatan and interact with it.

After showering and changing clothes I enjoyed a snack at the Deli. I don't like the main dining room menu so I may skip that unless steak sounds good later.

We were set for cave tubing but our eldest son scorched himself at Little French Key and stayed in bed all day while our adult daughter wasn't as badly sunburned she didn't feel great so we got a late start and didn't really have the time the tour suggests so we took a van trip to Altun Ha and have no regrets about the change in plans.

A dining side note. We've eaten in the Crimson dining room each night. Since we are on deck two it is easy to walk up to third. Some of the desserts have been misses but have enjoyed the food.

I am on deck 2 also. For some reason I forgot to do that yesterday after doing it a few other times.

I enjoyed the flick show last night. Great special effects. Then made it an early night.

Last night was the roughest seas of this trip. Not really that bad though. I have yet to experience a cruise where the barf bags come out.

Woke up to a arrival in cozumel. adcea66ed2bb97c76a1e739ce3f739e1.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. I've benefited from reviews of others. We each have our own points of emphasis so each review helps.

I was in Cozumel for 15 minutes. Lol. For some reason my phone would not get a signal on board. I walked ashore, sat by a fountain next to Ron Juan and made calls. Now back on board I have a signal.

After two days of shore excursions and heat I'm staying on board and relaxing today. I am catching the cruise bug even more so I know I'll be back in Cozumel at some point.

I'm not in the best condition and it is Better to pace myself. I got lucky yesterday after leaving my hat on the bus at the ruins and avoiding sun burn.

I find places to sit and read and listen to music. I like the shows and comedians.

Pictures from cozumel. Cruise ship roll call.

5e5d084b7e6a75a3ee2e42a63da429fe.jpg9fb95e3c239812bc5fd21e76a72e383b.jpg7ccc647048108601205268c394b73be8.jpg

My favorite towel creature. bce2b55b049705ba29921547d430de97.jpg

I tried the pasta bar. I thought I was ordering spaghetti with tomato meat sauce and Italian sausage. I got pasta with miminal tomato sauce/flavor and pieces of meat and Italian sausage. This was a definite culinary miss. Glad I could get up and walk down and eat at the Deli. IMHO guys burger and the Deli will be the go to options for lunch on carnival.

I tried the pasta bar. I thought I was ordering spaghetti with tomato meat sauce and Italian sausage. I got pasta with miminal tomato sauce/flavor and pieces of meat and Italian sausage. This was a definite culinary miss. Glad I could get up and walk down and eat at the Deli. IMHO guys burger and the Deli will be the go to options for lunch on carnival.

The carbonara was very good on the Sunshine last year. You might give that a shot.

My husband and I will be on there with you!! Who's counting? I'm counting!!! [emoji1]

Hooray! It will be our kids first time and they are so excited. I think it is making me even more so, thinking about experiencing it for the first time with them. (DS 8 and DD 7)

I am on deck 2 also. For some reason I forgot to do that yesterday after doing it a few other times.

I enjoyed the flick show last night. Great special effects. Then made it an early night.

Last night was the roughest seas of this trip. Not really that bad though. I have yet to experience a cruise where the barf bags come out.

Woke up to a arrival in cozumel. adcea66ed2bb97c76a1e739ce3f739e1.jpg

Yes last night was a bit rough but rocked me to sleep after a late night room service. Had a craving for French fries (go figure). Wife had cheesecake and loved it.

I'll add this to Cozumel when I get home or get my laptop to behave.

Discover Mexico is a great independent excursion. You make your own chocolate bar, do a tequila tasting and have lunch. It was great stop.

Downside daughter does much like tequila so I ended up hammered. May or may not own a bridge in Cozumel now :))