Rci app

It’s awesome. No more toting around a paper Cruise Compass. You can also check the dining menus for everyday of your cruise, keep your personal activity reminder, check show times, make reservations, anything you need to know. We’re on Harmony right now and me not being real tech saavy, I’m duly impressed.

My cell phone is from Canada. Does the app 'roam'.  I tend to never turn on my phone outside of Canada. I can use it but my provider charges at least $5 a day.  Not sure if roaming is included in that daily charge.  The app sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for any help/tips.

4 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

My cell phone is from Canada. Does the app 'roam'.  I tend to never turn on my phone outside of Canada. I can use it but my provider charges at least $5 a day.  Not sure if roaming is included in that daily charge.  The app sounds like a good idea.

The app connects to the ship's WiFI to function.  It does not use cellular.  Put your phone in Airplane Mode. turn on WiFI, and connect to the ship's WiFi for the app to function.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The app connects to the ship's WiFI to function.  It does not use cellular.  Put your phone in Airplane Mode. turn on WiFI, and connect to the ship's WiFi for the app to function.

Thank you so much, Bob.  I will write that down and hopefully download the app properly and be able to use it.  Perhaps I should bring my 3-yr old great-nephew along to  help me...hahahaha....maybe!

Just thought of something....I have internet on the ship (perk)...can I download the Royal App to my iPad and use it on the iPad instead of my phone?  Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Thank you so much, Bob.  I will write that down and hopefully download the app properly and be able to use it.  Perhaps I should bring my 3-yr old great-nephew along to  help me...hahahaha....maybe!

Just thought of something....I have internet on the ship (perk)...can I download the Royal App to my iPad and use it on the iPad instead of my phone?  Thanks again.

Yes, you can use the app on your iPad, assuming the iPad has a new enough IOS version  Download the app at home to test..

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, you can use the app on your iPad, assuming the iPad has a new enough IOS version  Download the app at home to test..

It should work, I just downloaded the newest IOS not so long ago. The iPad is about a year old.  I will download it at home just to make sure.    Thank you again.  😊

So I just got the app.  My cruise shows up but I'm not given any options to check in and put my boarding pass on there.  I had already checked in on line and printed it but would like to have on my phone too.  There's no option to scan the passport either.  Anyone know where I can find it?

15 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Put your phone in airplane mode, then turn on Wifi.  Connect to Royal's internet service onboard.  You can use the app without any internet connection.  As long as you are in airplane mode you won't be roaming.

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yeah for me....I successfully downloaded the App on my iPad and all seems fine.   I'll give it a whirl on my upcoming Anthem cruise.  😊