re meat pies

I have not contributed to this thread but some of you may recall a post last year about flies and pies.

I'll add it below, might appeal to our overseas visitors:

"interestingly, talking about flies, on my last visit the the USA, I visited a town called Bird in the Hand (yes its true - imagine if we had a town in Australia with the same name???) I could have some fun with that???

It's in the heart of the Amish communities and all the restaurants were selling "Shoo Fly pies" - well this got me really excited.

I ordered the pie and looked for the flies - in the pie - well there were none, so I asked for a refund and told the server, in a very nice Australian way, what he could do with his pie, (Aussies will know what I mean).

What a letdown.

At least we always advertise our food properly here in Australia - particularly what fish variety you will be served.

I can assure you, it is not our custom to make pies with flies down under although if in the very unlikely event you do find one in your pie - do not make a fuss - as others will want to experience the same experience as you (which will not be nice for you or people around you as well - think about that - you may have to then swallow a spider - you know what I mean)!"

I have not contributed to this thread but some of you may recall a post last year about flies and pies.

I'll add it below, might appeal to our overseas visitors:

"interestingly, talking about flies, on my last visit the the USA, I visited a town called Bird in the Hand (yes its true - imagine if we had a town in Australia with the same name???) I could have some fun with that???

It's in the heart of the Amish communities and all the restaurants were selling "Shoo Fly pies" - well this got me really excited.

I ordered the pie and looked for the flies - in the pie - well there were none, so I asked for a refund and told the server, in a very nice Australian way, what he could do with his pie, (Aussies will know what I mean).

What a letdown.

At least we always advertise our food properly here in Australia - particularly what fish variety you will be served.

I can assure you, it is not our custom to make pies with flies down under although if in the very unlikely event you do find one in your pie - do not make a fuss - as others will want to experience the same experience as you (which will not be nice for you or people around you as well - think about that - you may have to then swallow a spider - you know what I mean)!"

LOL, I totally know what you mean in regard to advertising, I cannot believe that Dog biscuits do not contain any dog at all.:confused:

Attention Uncle Les, on sale from today at Aldi,Pavlova Bases 500gm. 5 bucks each. Some cream and fruit and your away big time!

Problem is they need refrigerating.

Had a few last year, as Uncle Les might say lubby jubbly.

Thanks mate, be there today, got Aldi in our town.

They also have Pav discs like a thin pav, three in a box, you then layer them.

Disc, fruit cream whatever, disc, filling, disc, topping. Think I’ll try a box of those for something a bit different this year.

Along with a traditional one of course.

Disc, fruit cream whatever, disc, filling, disc, topping. Think I’ll try a box of those for something a bit different this year.

Coles have the discs too, look good, might get some and do ye olde pav myself. The boss is making the xmas puddings today, inc a gf one for me.:halo: Muchas brandy and port in the making.;)

And a 4 litre tub of Bulla Ice Cream to top them off mate.

Coles have the discs too, look good, might get some and do ye olde pav myself. The boss is making the xmas puddings today, inc a gf one for me.:halo: Muchas brandy and port in the making.;)

Was going to tackle a pud myself this year, but I’m not sure if time and health will permit.

Layer, upon layer, upon layer - Just like Sarah Lee used to say.