re meat pies

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I certainly did young Brian, Cockles, Whelks, doused in malt vinegar.  Leigh on Sea is a nice little old fishing village, close to the thriving metropolis of Southend on Sea @ Sarfend on Mud.  We were staying with a relative at Thundersley, right near ye olde Bread & Cheese Pub on the A13. You would know of it.

Certainly do Uncle Les.Not too sure about whelks though,a bit chewy to say the least.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

For lunch today, my husband and I had tiddly oggies (pasties) from Ferguson Plairre, a Victorian chain of bakeries. They are by far the best bought pasties we've ever had for a long time. A bit expensive but so good.

Leigh

I do love a Villi's Pastie.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, brian1 said:

Did you ever try the famous Leigh on sea cockles,Uncle Les.

I still think The Company Shed at West Mersea has the best seafood in Essex, superb local oysters and great cockles kept the wife and I sated. The missus gobbled a load Whelks as well, I'm a bit like you Brian there a bit crunchy.

4 minutes ago, beatleman said:

I still think The Company Shed at West Mersea has the best seafood in Essex, superb local oysters and great cockles kept the wife and I sated. The missus gobbled a load Whelks as well, I'm a bit like you Brian there a bit crunchy.

I eat most things,but they are hard work.Nice to hear from you,you don.t post as regular as you used to,cheers,Brian.

Over the years I have some great fish and chips around Essex, Skate and Chips, Cod and Chips, Plaice and Chips,  fresh from the North Sea.  Don't like mushy peas with the fish and chips though. OK on a pie.

So when are you blokes, Brian and Beatleman going to open a Greggs franchise in ye olde Sydney Town? 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think the closest to you is Smithfield, our local IGA sells them so perhaps you can ask.

My golf Club, Catalina @ Batemans Bay stocks Villiis products, they sell like hot cakes, sorry sell like hot pies.🤣

Edited by NSWP

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

Over the years I have some great fish and chips around Essex, Skate and Chips, Cod and Chips, Plaice and Chips,  fresh from the North Sea.  Don't like mushy peas with the fish and chips though. OK on a pie.

So when are you blokes, Brian and Beatleman going to open a Greggs franchise in ye olde Sydney Town? 

I would rather open a Queen's Farm Shop like the one on Datchet Road in the Windsor Great Park, a sure fire way of printing money. By the way Uncle Les that Spanish golf club owes me a load of cash I'm sure there machines were rigged😂

47 minutes ago, beatleman said:

I would rather open a Queen's Farm Shop like the one on Datchet Road in the Windsor Great Park, a sure fire way of printing money. By the way Uncle Les that Spanish golf club owes me a load of cash I'm sure there machines were rigged😂

Aren't they all?

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yum yum, get the garlic butter ready.

My OH pretended to let them go in the garden.The woman said they are 15Euro a kg in the market.Poor sods were climbing up the neck of the bottle to get out.I'm a hypocrite,I'd still order them onboard,lol.

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

My OH pretended to let them go in the garden.The woman said they are 15Euro a kg in the market.Poor sods were climbing up the neck of the bottle to get out.I'm a hypocrite,I'd still order them onboard,lol.

I suppose you need to know how to shell them and cook them, of which I know nothing but I sure do enjoy them. My dream job is to be the snail wrangler on board the cruise ship.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I suppose you need to know how to shell them and cook them, of which I know nothing but I sure do enjoy them. My dream job is to be the snail wrangler on board the cruise ship.

The snails you eat at restaurants are specially bred for eating. There is a parasite that live on common garden snails that usually is killed in the cooking process but if you don't cook it right the parasite will send you blind. 

12 hours ago, brian1 said:

Smothered in garlic no doubt Brian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

The snails you eat at restaurants are specially bred for eating. There is a parasite that live on common garden snails that usually is killed in the cooking process but if you don't cook it right the parasite will send you blind. 

Exactly why I still have snails in my garden.

The family of some kids Mrs G taught bred snails, they often asked for donations of garden snails, I think it was the 5th generation before they could sell them feeding them organically and separating the offspring to keep them pure

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

The family of some kids Mrs G taught bred snails, they often asked for donations of garden snails, I think it was the 5th generation before they could sell them feeding them organically and separating the offspring to keep them pure

The Ayrian slug?

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I don't see many Italians round here with white sticks.They must all be experts,like those Japanese Sushi blokes that cut out the dodgy bits.