re meat pies

15 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

glad to see you have your priorities right...... Dillpickle...

""I had no trouble pouring the shiraz.""

Tonight   no pie   but is does involve Shiraz, beef, onions garlic, and pastry

served with chips.......  ( beef wellington ( no gumboots lol ))

Cheers Don

Garlic. You ruined ye olde beef wellington, Don. I detest the taste and smell of garlic, none in my house, likewise avocado and asparagus, hate them.

13 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Done it once... living on the edge.....

standing at the edge of an active volcanic crater...

Otherwise I am boring..... 

but doesn't everything besides Beef taste like chicken.....lol

Cheers Don

Guinea pig Just like chook,tried it in Peru, roasted, not crumbed or battered like Kfc. Finger lickin good that 🇵🇪 Peruvian guinea pig.

Edited by NSWP

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les ,we need to deputise a couple of CC members to go under the covers and investigate.

Purely for science and social studies.

You and I Philip, No overtime claimed, just full access to all areas, mini suite and fridge full of grog, lol.

Under cover? or Under the covers? 🤣 This is a kids show.😂😇

Edited by NSWP

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You and I Philip, No overtime claimed, just full access to all areas, mini suite and fridge full of grog, lol.

Under cover? or Under the covers? 🤣 This is a kids show.😂😇

We will need disguises and a cover .

So who’s going to wear the dress?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently enjoyed another one of Pete's Pies, with mushy peas, at Yandina.  You can also have mashed potato and gravy - all on top of pie. Yum!  Stocked up on fresh sweet pineapples and watermelons, plus delicious selection of home made Thai specialities at the Yandina Markets.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Recently enjoyed another one of Pete's Pies, with mushy peas, at Yandina.  You can also have mashed potato and gravy - all on top of pie. Yum!  Stocked up on fresh sweet pineapples and watermelons, plus delicious selection of home made Thai specialities at the Yandina Markets.  

Send some of those pineapples my way please.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Send some of those pineapples my way please.

You would love these big juicy pineapples.  We cut several slices out of the middle, then eat the ends with a spoon.  I made some fresh fruit salad from pineapples, bananas, mangoes, red pawpaws, juice of a lemon with rhubarb and strawberry yoghurt.  We'd already eaten the watermelon slice.  i will buy a whole watermelon next time, as a big slice wasn't enough.  This is how fruit is meant to taste!  Well worth a visit to Yandina Markets when you holiday on the Sunshine Coast.  

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Ok so it is upside down in the photo

No the cake sample is in the well known ceiling test unit, this is to ensure that the cake is of the required sticky consistency to gum up your mouth in the traditional way.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, GUT2407 said:

Not really a pie, but making some Christmas cakes and puddings, our a cup of the cake batter in the pie maker,

yummmy

CEC9228A-F3DD-49BE-875D-D2DABCC49D86.jpeg

Gut with all due respect, that looks a little revolting, probably tastes ok. I bought a couple of these for moi.

GlutenFreeChristmasPudding-768x509.jpg.d208d255b92fbfda88cf2ae781ab6a03.jpg

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

My local pie shop is moving.

So, old premises closed and the news one being renovated.

May have to go to Coles.

Coles have the Garlos...I hear they are not bad...I once worked with the Garlos CEO, Sean Garlick, but that is another story.

download.jpg.68b68e2b6e8a4644a245adee262633c0.jpg

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

I don’t think they come this side of the Murray.

How unfortunate, I suppose not, their big production bakery is now at Kingsgrove NSW, southern Sydney suburb. I am sure you have some very good dogs eyes in Vic. When I was in Beechworth last year, they have a very good bakery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

How unfortunate, I suppose not, their big production bakery is now at Kingsgrove NSW, southern Sydney suburb. I am sure you have some very good dogs eyes in Vic. When I was in Beechworth last year, they have a very good bakery.

That Beechworth Bakery is in a few Victorian towns.  I was in Ecchuca for a few days recently and they had one there and they have the Beechworth Bakery in a few more Victorian towns, about 8 I think.   Glad you made it back from your surgery Les and glad to see Australian Traveller is also better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rassa said:

That Beechworth Bakery is in a few Victorian towns.  I was in Ecchuca for a few days recently and they had one there and they have the Beechworth Bakery in a few more Victorian towns, about 8 I think.   Glad you made it back from your surgery Les and glad to see Australian Traveller is also better.

Thanks,, fingers crossed. Yes the Beechworth Bakery chain is spreading, franchises?