re meat pies

Well it was below zero here last night, the frost was so thick our red car was white.

The forecast is for possible snow over the next couple of days...oh well.

We were looking at our trip plan calendar and without covid we would be on the ship ready to leave Auckland. Oh well let's hope for better luck next year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Forecast minimum tonight is 27C.

Around 40 tomorrow

i am sure you feel sorry for us Lyle.

27 ? That is a very high overnighter, hotter than Darwin. Our overnight is 20, which is hot for down here, a/c on now. Got to about 29, not bad, forecast 34 tomorrow, may not get to that. I am 800 metres as the crow flies from the ocean.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

27 ? That is a very high overnighter, hotter than Darwin. Our overnight is 20, which is hot for down here, a/c on now. Got to about 29, not bad, forecast 34 tomorrow, may not get to that. I am 800 metres as the crow flies from the ocean.

When I worked in the Kimberley (very far north of Western Australia) we had the hottest minimum temp. Still believe the record.

It was about 93F, 34C. Humidity about 3456%. Actually 100% because there was also a thunderstorm.

Edited by Docker123

12 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Had it on virtually all day, hang the electricity bill

If your aircon has a de-humidify mode then run it in that, very economical and floods the place with damned cold air. The secret is put it on when you get up, don't let the house get hot in the first place.

Overnight temps for around our area dropped to about 25-26 and when I woke up about 6.45 am it was close to 30. Around 32 at moment and quite overcast. I thought the humidity would be higher than what it is at 20%.

Leigh

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Overnight temps for around our area dropped to about 25-26 and when I woke up about 6.45 am it was close to 30. Around 32 at moment and quite overcast. I thought the humidity would be higher than what it is at 20%.

Leigh

Just like Darwin. 20 overnight here on nsw south coast, forecast 35 today. Leigh you will get the cool southerly change tonight. Jumper on tomorrow, lol.

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, possum52 said:

At least not as humid as Darwin Les.

Leigh

Indeed not. So 0900 i just put the washing on the line. With the heat and light breeze it will be dry by smoko time @ 1030.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've gone for a drive to Bobbin Head, on Cowans Creek. It's very pleasant sitting in the shade at the cafe overlooking the park and water. It's quite hot and humid but there is an intermittant breeze.

Nice spot Bobbin Head, not been there for 30 yrs.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Nice spot Bobbin Head, not been there for 30 yrs.

It was probably at least 15 years since we were last there.

It got very hot after lunch so we headed back home. We'll have to go there again in cooler weather to explore a bit.

The cafe was very good. I had grilled barra with chips and a lovely fresh salad that wasn't drowned in sickly sweet dressing like so many cafes do. It just had a light dressing.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was probably at least 15 years since we were last there.

It got very hot after lunch so we headed back home. We'll have to go there again in cooler weather to explore a bit.

The cafe was very good. I had grilled barra with chips and a lovely fresh salad that wasn't drowned in sickly sweet dressing like so many cafes do. It just had a light dressing.

You have motivated me..i have Aldi Barramundi from Vietnam in the freezer, couple of bits of that, lemon, wrapped in foil and oven grilled. Woolies frozen chips and coleslaw. Half bottle of Hardys sem sauv blanc. Should be lubbly jubbly @ 6.30pm.

1610210863_th(1).jpg.cf0a0c064192c420b344362973b91d6b.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

You have motivated me..i have Aldi Barramundi from Vietnam in the freezer, couple of bits of that, lemon, wrapped in foil and oven grilled. Woolies frozen chips and coleslaw. Half bottle of Hardys sem sauv blanc. Should be lubbly jubbly @ 6.30pm.

1610210863_th(1).jpg.cf0a0c064192c420b344362973b91d6b.jpg

Have you tried the straight cut chips in the blue bag from Aldi? I reckon they are the best frozen chips I've ever had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Have you tried the straight cut chips in the blue bag from Aldi? I reckon they are the best frozen chips I've ever had.

Bought a bag of their Curley fries this morning. Not always available so buy them when I see them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

I have, quite good. They come from Belgium I do believe, like much aldi frozen veges.

I don't like the Aldi Hash browns, for me they break up in the pan, no matter how careful. I stick with Birds Eye, they are best IMO. More expensive of course.

1256733049_th(5).jpg.e04379918b70295035e7177f97671393.jpg

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hash browns are a holiday treat for me. I miss having fried eggs with hash browns on Princess.

I have hash browns about 3 times a week, a must with the bacon and scrambled eggs. I made some corned beef hash the other day, I really thought I was back in the Princess Horizon Court buffet.

881087043_th(2).jpg.dfaae85d1b42203999a73db53c723af5.jpgCan of corned beef, bit of cubed spud, fry up, lubbly jubbly. Very healthy, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1