re meat pies

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Now this is serious folks, being reported in the media....in the Ukraine, locals offered the Russian troops home made pies, but alas the locals had allegedly put poison in them. As a result 2 Russians died and a couple of hundred are in hospital.  God only knows what retributions the Ruskis took on the locals.  So beware the Ukrainian dogs eyes.

599219743_th(1).jpg.5b163f01280233be7a0a67bc06ef0fe9.jpg

If the accounts of food shortages in the Russian army are true I'm not surprised they couldn't resist a Ukrainian pirog😂

Screenshot_20220404-235025_Opera.jpg.0bc6cf269f897a41b0eb8f4d3eaaf962.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

If the accounts of food shortages in the Russian army are true I'm not surprised they couldn't resist a Ukrainian pirog😂

Screenshot_20220404-235025_Opera.jpg.0bc6cf269f897a41b0eb8f4d3eaaf962.jpg

Oh that looks seriously tasty, although I don't think I would accept food from what is a clearly hostile population. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Oh that looks seriously tasty, although I don't think I would accept food from what is a clearly hostile population. 

One mans fish is another man’s “ poisson “  perhaps . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

If the refugee accounts are anything to go by the straight out of high school conscripts are under the impression the Russian speaking Ukrainians are not hostile but welcoming them with open arms which in both Ukrainian and Russian hospitality cultures involves lots of food and double the vodka😂. Combine that naivety with hunger and tiredness you get the feeling they are probably not that hard to con😕

Edited by ilikeanswers

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

Also reports of the Ruski troops being hospitalized through drinking alcohol laced with Methanol, offered by the Ukrainian civilians.  Like a Ukraine Cocktail.

I would think guns and alcohol are a lethal mix on their own 😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Ruskis love that clear spirit, i.e. Vodka.

A good vodka does go well with a hearty pie 😋 and in Australia we have excellent vodka distilleries, even the cheap ones like Vodka O are silky smooth👍. No need to be sending money to the North of the globe.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

A good vodka does go well with a hearty pie 😋 and in Australia we have excellent vodka distilleries, even the cheap ones like Vodka O are silky smooth👍. No need to be sending money to the North of the globe.

What do you have against the north of the globe? 😉

• Haha 2

That nasty Vodka, last Vodka I had was in 1976 when I got transferred from Wollongong to Sydney, the boys put on a send off drink for me at Dapto Leagues Club. I could handle the 10 schooners of Tooheys New Lager, but unknown to me because vodka is generally tasteless when mixed into another drink,  I later found out the devils put a double shot of vodka in each one. No wonder I had a 3 day hangover. Not touched a vodka since.🤢

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Apparently the Russian troops were told they would be welcomed as they were 'liberating' the Ukrainians from the 'drug-taking *** government'. Maybe the Russians considered the offered food and drink merely proof that they were being welcomed.

I see that my N.zi word was censored. 🙂 I think you all know what I mean.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Apparently the Russian troops were told they would be welcomed as they were 'liberating' the Ukrainians from the 'drug-taking *** government'. Maybe the Russians considered the offered food and drink merely proof that they were being welcomed.

I see that my N.zi word was censored. 🙂 I think you all know what I mean.

You would think that if you show up to a party carrying gun, without an invitation and there were people shooting back at you on the way to that party... That may indicate you aren't welcome. 🤔

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

That nasty Vodka, last Vodka I had was in 1976 when I got transferred from Wollongong to Sydney, the boys put on a send off drink for me at Dapto Leagues Club. I could handle the 10 schooners of Tooheys New Lager, but unknown to me because vodka is generally tasteless when mixed into another drink,  I later found out the devils put a double shot of vodka in each one. No wonder I had a 3 day hangover. Not touched a vodka since.🤢

Like any alcohol you can either drink it to excess or drink with appreciation, though I suppose you didn't have choice in the matter😂. I come from a family of vodka drinkers so I have learnt to be discerning about vodka. If you ever do give vodka another go I would recommend Vodka O which I mentioned earlier as it is a whey distilled vodka so it is really smooth and gentle. Most people start with Smirnoff but it that is really like the Fosters of vodka😬

11 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

What do you have against the north of the globe? 

I think this qaulifies as a face palm moment for me🤦‍♀️. Next time I will just use an emoji😂, I would say emojis give an accurate description of the 💩tin. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think this qaulifies as a face palm moment for me🤦‍♀️. Next time I will just use an emoji😂, I would say emojis give an accurate description of the 💩tin. 

I meant my comment in jest hense the wink emoji. I did not intend offense.

If we ever meet I'll stand you a shot if your preferred vodka.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Stopped off for a pie in Goulburn this morning, at Trappers - curry steak, very nice indeed.

Mic...I believe they are still making the pies for Braidwood pie shop at Trappers in Goulburn - same owner. They were going to build a new Braidwood  bakery and pie shop and bake the dogs eyes there totally. 

That place in Braidwood and the one in Goulburn are gold mines.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Mic...I believe they are still making the pies for Braidwood pie shop at Trappers in Goulburn - same owner. They were going to build a new Braidwood  bakery and pie shop and bake the dogs eyes there totally. 

True, very busy when I was there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Stopped in at the 'big sheep' on the way back home from down south (when we met with you) & they were queued out the door at Trappers - we ended up having Subway.

This was the only highway service-centre we ate at on the whole 12 day road trip - we ate in the towns & villages we visited - many a cafe coffee & toasted sandwich, or steak sandwich, & a pie & sausage roll from the Junee bakery! Few pub/club steaks & snitzels dinners &, Oh, who could forget the Chinese at Raymonds with you Les 🙂 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Stopped in at the 'big sheep' on the way back home from down south (when we met with you) & they were queued out the door at Trappers - we ended up having Subway.

This was the only highway service-centre we ate at on the whole 12 day road trip - we ate in the towns & villages we visited - many a cafe coffee & toasted sandwich, or steak sandwich, & a pie & sausage roll from the Junee bakery! Few pub/club steaks & snitzels dinners &, Oh, who could forget the Chinese at Raymonds with you Les 🙂 

Glad you had a good road trip Neil, I enjoyed the Raymonds dinner with you two.

I hope you don't get flooded out at Penriff.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1