re meat pies

I'm still missing Darby's. Situation has eased with the recent opening of a new bakery on the Pacific highway at Blacksmiths a few hundred metres north of the Swansea bridge. Very nice pies and pastries. For anyone travelling south there is a U turn bay just before going over the bridge.

It used to be a fish and chippery but not a very good one. The sole fish and chip shop in Swansea is so good that competition doesn't last long.

58 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I'm still missing Darby's. Situation has eased with the recent opening of a new bakery on the Pacific highway at Blacksmiths a few hundred metres north of the Swansea bridge. Very nice pies and pastries. For anyone travelling south there is a U turn bay just before going over the bridge.

It used to be a fish and chippery but not a very good one. The sole fish and chip shop in Swansea is so good that competition doesn't last long.

A lot of Darby’s stores have now been occupied, the Barrington Bakery from Dungog have taken a few and arent a bad feed.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I think you might mean the Best side, Mic.

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It is that too.

It's the boring (road) side. Why do so many vehicles crash there?

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The F3 is not boring at all, it is just a highway, it is the idiot drivers that cause all the accidents.

But a highway that goes on and on with no variety and some times no idea where you are, i well understand why some lose their concentration 

17 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But a highway that goes on and on with no variety and some times no idea where you are, i well understand why some lose their concentration 

I would hardly think that the highway through Brooklyn Waters and such is boring, it has many bends and hills, great scenery as well.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would hardly think that the highway through Brooklyn Waters and such is boring, it has many bends and hills, great scenery as well.

You are quite correct but that part of the M1 is not west of Lake Mac.

Speaking of idiot drivers earlier. I have a friend from that side who is in the SES. Some years back, two or three, he was called to a truck fire a the section, near Morisset. It turned out that the fire was started when the truck driver upset some bacon and eggs he was cooking on the passenger set while driving. Should have stopped for a pie.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

You are quite correct but that part of the M1 is not west of Lake Mac.

Speaking of idiot drivers earlier. I have a friend from that side who is in the SES. Some years back, two or three, he was called to a truck fire a the section, near Morisset. It turned out that the fire was started when the truck driver upset some bacon and eggs he was cooking on the passenger set while driving. Should have stopped for a pie.

It was the Morisset turn off that I would use. I suppose the freeway from just after the Ourimbah turn off is a bit straighter and less hilly.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Sounds like watching a game league 🤡🤡🤡

Anyway, planning my democracy sausage lunch for tomorrow. As I have already voted, I can choose a school by cuisine. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Anyway, planning my democracy sausage lunch for tomorrow. As I have already voted, I can choose a school by cuisine. 

I’ve been postal voting for a few years, might have to visit Bunnings for a hardware sausage instead of a democracy sausage at least that away I can take Maxy.

but either way I expect there’ll some silly sausages in Canberra when all is said and done.

But in Canberra is it ever all said?

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Yeah the league should start soon, better than watching aerial ping pong anyway.

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah the league should start soon, better than watching aerial ping pong anyway.

Some aerial ping pong at its finest.

Liam “Flying” Ryan over the top of 6’10” Max Gawn.

in the bottom of the video you can see Ryan running down towards full forward and circling to the mark as Kennedy kicks long. What is not shown is that Ryan hand initially kicked the ball to Kennedy.

If the pie shop had not closed I would have had a celebratory one for breakfast.

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2019-05-17/liam-ryan-sends-optus-into-a-frenzy

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

in the bottom of the video you can see Ryan running down towards full forward and circling to the mark as Kennedy kicks long. What is not shown is that Ryan hand initially kicked the ball to Kennedy.

If the pie shop had not closed I would have had a celebratory one for breakfast.

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2019-05-17/liam-ryan-sends-optus-into-a-frenzy

But he knocked on before he scored the try, didn’t he?

44 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

And if you want a pie for breakfast you’ll need to go to Lismore, those egg Benny pies have ruined my breakfasts.

52 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But he knocked on before he scored the try, didn’t he?

I think in you RL lingo, you are trying to say he was off side.

Now I have to teach you your own game’s rules. 👨‍🎓👨‍🎓