re meat pies

43 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries,not offended,just banter.You're probably right about the "cheating" system.Where I come from the banter in a pub would probably result in a mass brawl in other areas,lol.

I suppose that you would rather we make no reference regarding the Italian football players who have mastered the art of throwing themselves down and screaming foul only to have a miraculous recovery when the card has been waved and the free kick awarded.

6 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

I suppose that you would rather we make no reference regarding the Italian football players who have mastered the art of throwing themselves down and screaming foul only to have a miraculous recovery when the card has been waved and the free kick awarded.

what has nationality got to do with that behaviour, my grandchild even does it.

33 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Totally agree mate,I'm not Italian.

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Brian, please declare your previously undisclosed interest in battery operated electrical appliances. 🙂

I was a plumber for 45 years,they're out of my tool kit.Not really,I've just mastered the art of screen shooting.

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hey,Uncle Les,you were confusing jellied eels with pie and mash,although you can get stewed eels with the latter.This is going to get a few comments,lol.

Screenshot_2019-07-18 jellied eels - Google Search.png

Screenshot_2019-07-18 pie and mash - Google Search.png

Were they electric eels, if so they are shocking.

• Haha 1

I had some nice cockles and mussels with salt and vinegar down at Leigh on Sea (near Sarfend on Mud, Essex) a few years ago, but those eels look revolting.  My Labrador would not even eat them and that is saying something because Labs are food machines.

lab.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On 7/17/2019 at 12:39 PM, NSWP said:

Thanks Brian, so back on topic, one reason why the Stokes family returned to NZ was for...Dads Pies.

What else but 'Lemb end Vigtable.' 🤣

lamb-and-roast-vegetable.png

If it’s nice chunky lamb with some mint sauce I’d be happy to give it a go, or two.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I had some nice cockles and mussels with salt and vinegar down at Leigh on Sea (near Sarfend on Mud, Essex) a few years ago, but those eels look revolting.  My Labrador would not even eat them and that is saying something because Labs are food machines.

lab.jpg

Seldom see a skinny lab.

Belmont Aldi have redone their frozen food section. There's a heap of new and different pies. Yesterday I bought a packet of Premium Chunky Angus Beef pies and a packet of Premium Extra Creamy Chicken and Leek pies for taste testing, maybe tonight because I'll be having lunch at the Orana where they do a great steak sandwich with salad for $10.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Belmont Aldi have redone their frozen food section. There's a heap of new and different pies. Yesterday I bought a packet of Premium Chunky Angus Beef pies and a packet of Premium Extra Creamy Chicken and Leek pies for taste testing, maybe tonight because I'll be having lunch at the Orana where they do a great steak sandwich with salad for $10.

Both meals sound good.

15 hours ago, banzaii said:

Brian, please declare your previously undisclosed interest in battery operated electrical appliances. 🙂

Reminds me of when at "Show and tell" a youngster lad showed everyone his mothers rocket ship which even made a buzzing sound from the motor.

Edited by Russell21

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Reminds me of when at "Show and tell" a youngster lad showed everyone his mothers rocket ship which even made a buzzing sound from the motor.

Apparently it could even send her to the moon and back.

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

They aren’t bad, but I still by the old chunky steak ones as they’re better value.

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

The things kids say at show and tell leaves some teachers struggling.