Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

eing a good lad...back on topic...Had a Jases GF Meat pie today, pack of two in Woolies, around $9.   Not bad, minced beef, good gravy and decent gf pastry, beggars can't be choosers.

 

jasesgfbeefpie.jpeg

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Apparently it could even send her to the moon and back.

I know that kid may be seeing stars when the mother finds out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

eing a good lad...back on topic...Had a Jases GF Meat pie today, pack of two in Woolies, around $9.   Not bad, minced beef, good gravy and decent gf pastry, beggars can't be choosers.

 

jasesgfbeefpie.jpeg

You said they are not bad, but are they nice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I was a plumber for 20 years before a career change due to health.

I remember you saying that a while ago.Hope all is well now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I had some nice cockles and mussels with salt and vinegar down at Leigh on Sea (near Sarfend on Mud, Essex) a few years ago, but those eels look revolting.  My Labrador would not even eat them and that is saying something because Labs are food machines.

lab.jpg

I wouldn't do that either.They have the added hazard of razor sharp bones in the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I remember you saying that a while ago.Hope all is well now.

Yep, change of career, no issues now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I was both.

Mate you'd be handy when ye olde hot water sevice goes belly up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Though the things 17 and 18 year olds come out with amaze Mrs Gut at times.

Congratulations,you're the 2000th poster.There's a bowl of good old cockney jellied eels on its way to you right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Mate you'd be handy when ye olde hot water sevice goes belly up!

I have done a few over the years.There was a time when I was doing 8 to 10 HWS changeovers a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Congratulations,you're the 2000th poster.There's a bowl of good old cockney jellied eels on its way to you right now.

And everyone else who wasn't the 2000th post, gets 2 bowls.😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Congratulations,you're the 2000th poster.There's a bowl of good old cockney jellied eels on its way to you right now.

On meat pies!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Japan is resuming (!!!) commercial whaling, do you think we could get some interesting pies over there. Fresh meat

 

Dolphins1.thumb.jpg.59e0c8d4cba8999e47cb150d14edda56.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

And everyone else who wasn't the 2000th post, gets 2 bowls.😋

There's been an objection.It seems Mr Gut split his post to win the prize,so is disqualified.The winner now is Uncle Les.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Now that Japan is resuming (!!!) commercial whaling, do you think we could get some interesting pies over there. Fresh meat

 

Dolphins1.thumb.jpg.59e0c8d4cba8999e47cb150d14edda56.jpg

Disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, brian1 said:

There's been an objection.It seems Mr Gut split his post to win the prize,so is disqualified.The winner now is Uncle Les.

On my count it is still GUT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Now that Japan is resuming (!!!) commercial whaling, do you think we could get some interesting pies over there. Fresh meat

 

Dolphins1.thumb.jpg.59e0c8d4cba8999e47cb150d14edda56.jpg

Not sure I would willing eat whale but if it was served up as just fish or something I don't think I would know any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure I would willing eat whale but if it was served up as just fish or something I don't think I would know any difference.

You would definitately know whale meat if you'd tried it.  Tastes a bit like a cross between platypus and koala.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, banzaii said:

You would definitately know whale meat if you'd tried it.  Tastes a bit like a cross between platypus and koala.😉

I haven't had either so still no reference for comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

On my count it is still GUT.

OK,I'll send Gut his pie,mash and stewed eels.

Screenshot_2019-07-19 pie mash and eels - Google Search.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, brian1 said:

OK,I'll send Gut his pie,mash and stewed eels.

Screenshot_2019-07-19 pie mash and eels - Google Search.png

It's the sauce that makes it off putting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It's the sauce that makes it off putting.

It's just water,parsley and a bit of garlic thickened with cornflour.Some of the cruise review photos of food sometimes don't look appetising.Give it a go next time in UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brian1 said:

It's just water,parsley and a bit of garlic thickened with cornflour.Some of the cruise review photos of food sometimes don't look appetising.Give it a go next time in UK.

Yeah, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, brian1 said:

There's been an objection.It seems Mr Gut split his post to win the prize,so is disqualified.The winner now is Uncle Les.

Thanks Brian, send my prize over, world cruise on QM2 - Queens Grill tickets of course. 😆

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, brian1 said:

It's just water,parsley and a bit of garlic thickened with cornflour.Some of the cruise review photos of food sometimes don't look appetising.Give it a go next time in UK.

Oh no, I detest the smell and taste of garlic, no garlic in my house.  I do not order any menu item that mentions garlic, orrible stuff.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Brian, send my prize over, world cruise on QM2 - Queens Grill tickets of course. 😆

I’d settle for a sheltered balcony like I had my on time on her,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...