Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

On 9/25/2019 at 3:55 PM, GUT2407 said:

I wonder what ships go there???

I hear the Penalty Princess is going to join Finey McFine Face at the Zoo terminal🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big night at Wangi Rissole last night, $5000 member draw (if it didn’t go off then five x $1000 must go off) draw for a PandO cruise and dinner with the family.

 

Was sore tempted to have the Mics Gorrilla, (Rump, chop, snag, bacon, egg, onion, Tomato  And Chippies) just $27, but they had the honey chilli chicken, decisions, decisions decisions,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Big night at Wangi Rissole last night, $5000 member draw (if it didn’t go off then five x $1000 must go off) draw for a PandO cruise and dinner with the family.

 

Was sore tempted to have the Mics Gorrilla, (Rump, chop, snag, bacon, egg, onion, Tomato  And Chippies) just $27, but they had the honey chilli chicken, decisions, decisions decisions,

Both sound sooo goood!  What price on the honey chilli chook?

Edited by banzaii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Both sound sooo goood!  What price on the honey chilli chook?

$18 from memory, it disappeared from the menu for a while so had to grab it while I Could where as it looks like Mic’s Gorilla is a Permenant, the chook is pretty much just your standard hone6 chicken with some (sweet) chilli sauce stirred into the honey sauce, in fact I have been promising Mrs Gut that I’ll have a shot at making it at home if they take it away again. it is her favourite by miles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just jumped over to their page and this is the Mic’s Gorilla as per the menu

 

rump steak, lamb cutlet, sausage, bacon grilled tomato caramelised onion, egg & chips w/ choice of sauce .............................................. 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main reason I passed up the grill was because the joint was packed to the rafters with the two big draws both on and I figured it would take longer to get served.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

caramelised onion

Great add on for any mixed grill.  Usually only get this at home!

 

38 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

The main reason I passed up the grill was because the joint was packed to the rafters with the two big draws both on and I figured it would take longer to get served.

Yep sometimes you just need to hit it and run.  I would have done the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We go every few weeks, Mum and Dad go every week, so I think the grill will be next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

How was the entertainment?

Not bad. Seen worse down there for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Not bad. Seen worse down there for sure.

I am told that they have been getting live bands down there to get the people coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am told that they have been getting live bands down there to get the people coming back.

They stopped have live music for a while, Friday was a couple, he played guitar and keyboards and the6 both sang. They used to have it every Friday night, a new manager stopped, but then that person left, temp restarted it, new manager just appointed I guess we will have to wait and see what the new guy does. They have finally started work on the new jetty which should bring in a bit more business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

They stopped have live music for a while, Friday was a couple, he played guitar and keyboards and the6 both sang. They used to have it every Friday night, a new manager stopped, but then that person left, temp restarted it, new manager just appointed I guess we will have to wait and see what the new guy does. They have finally started work on the new jetty which should bring in a bit more business.

Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The Kiwis are not eating enough pies then, a pie a day keeps the liquidator  at bay.😮

 

The company involved should have got a contract with the cruise lines to load their pies onboard, as long as there were some lamb and mint pies as I had on Air NZ one time.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pie a day will only keep the liquidator at bay provided your tax you pay.

 

i think it was P&go that had a Harry’s Cafe de Waves for a while. Ye old Princess sometimes have Mrs Mac’s at the grill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More a case of poor marketing I think.

I can assure you  pies are big big business in Nz and the competition for sales is fierce. Only the best survive. 
Heres a reference to the recent Pie of the year awards, which attracted hundreds of entrants. The list of all the varieties is at the end of the article ...Note our local Baker in Orewa , who won a gold award for his Morrocan Lamb Pie. The supreme award went to the old favourite mince and cheese which was baked and presented to perfection.

 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/114617798/new-zealands-best-mince-and-cheese-takes-baker-to-historic-pie-awards-win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

More a case of poor marketing I think.

I can assure you  pies are big big business in Nz and the competition for sales is fierce. Only the best survive. 
Heres a reference to the recent Pie of the year awards, which attracted hundreds of entrants. The list of all the varieties is at the end of the article ...Note our local Baker in Orewa , who won a gold award for his Morrocan Lamb Pie. The supreme award went to the old favourite mince and cheese which was baked and presented to perfection.

 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/114617798/new-zealands-best-mince-and-cheese-takes-baker-to-historic-pie-awards-win

So young David, are you a pie lover yourself? Do the Kiwis do the tomato sauce thing like us ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NSWP said:

So young David, are you a pie lover yourself? Do the Kiwis do the tomato sauce thing like us ? 


The good old Watties tomato sauce.

It must be Watties !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:


The good old Watties tomato sauce.

It must be Watties !!!!!!

Nah, Rozella for me, been eating pies with it on since I was a little kid and that's a long while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:


The good old Watties tomato sauce.

It must be Watties !!!!!!

Oh yeah, love Watties, sauce and baked beans etc. A bit scarce over here.   I used to be able to buy it from Woolworths.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...