Cruise Critic Community

On 9/25/2019 at 3:55 PM, GUT2407 said:

I wonder what ships go there???

I hear the Penalty Princess is going to join Finey McFine Face at the Zoo terminal🤣

Big night at Wangi Rissole last night, $5000 member draw (if it didn’t go off then five x $1000 must go off) draw for a PandO cruise and dinner with the family.

Was sore tempted to have the Mics Gorrilla, (Rump, chop, snag, bacon, egg, onion, Tomato  And Chippies) just $27, but they had the honey chilli chicken, decisions, decisions decisions,

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Big night at Wangi Rissole last night, $5000 member draw (if it didn’t go off then five x $1000 must go off) draw for a PandO cruise and dinner with the family.

Was sore tempted to have the Mics Gorrilla, (Rump, chop, snag, bacon, egg, onion, Tomato  And Chippies) just $27, but they had the honey chilli chicken, decisions, decisions decisions,

Both sound sooo goood!  What price on the honey chilli chook?

Edited by banzaii

10 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Both sound sooo goood!  What price on the honey chilli chook?

$18 from memory, it disappeared from the menu for a while so had to grab it while I Could where as it looks like Mic’s Gorilla is a Permenant, the chook is pretty much just your standard hone6 chicken with some (sweet) chilli sauce stirred into the honey sauce, in fact I have been promising Mrs Gut that I’ll have a shot at making it at home if they take it away again. it is her favourite by miles.

Just jumped over to their page and this is the Mic’s Gorilla as per the menu

rump steak, lamb cutlet, sausage, bacon grilled tomato caramelised onion, egg & chips w/ choice of sauce .............................................. 27

The main reason I passed up the grill was because the joint was packed to the rafters with the two big draws both on and I figured it would take longer to get served.

38 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

caramelised onion

Great add on for any mixed grill.  Usually only get this at home!

38 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

The main reason I passed up the grill was because the joint was packed to the rafters with the two big draws both on and I figured it would take longer to get served.

Yep sometimes you just need to hit it and run.  I would have done the same.

We go every few weeks, Mum and Dad go every week, so I think the grill will be next time

24 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

How was the entertainment?

Not bad. Seen worse down there for sure.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Not bad. Seen worse down there for sure.

I am told that they have been getting live bands down there to get the people coming back.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am told that they have been getting live bands down there to get the people coming back.

They stopped have live music for a while, Friday was a couple, he played guitar and keyboards and the6 both sang. They used to have it every Friday night, a new manager stopped, but then that person left, temp restarted it, new manager just appointed I guess we will have to wait and see what the new guy does. They have finally started work on the new jetty which should bring in a bit more business.

6 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

They stopped have live music for a while, Friday was a couple, he played guitar and keyboards and the6 both sang. They used to have it every Friday night, a new manager stopped, but then that person left, temp restarted it, new manager just appointed I guess we will have to wait and see what the new guy does. They have finally started work on the new jetty which should bring in a bit more business.

Good to know.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The Kiwis are not eating enough pies then, a pie a day keeps the liquidator  at bay.😮

The company involved should have got a contract with the cruise lines to load their pies onboard, as long as there were some lamb and mint pies as I had on Air NZ one time.

Edited by NSWP

A pie a day will only keep the liquidator at bay provided your tax you pay.

i think it was P&go that had a Harry’s Cafe de Waves for a while. Ye old Princess sometimes have Mrs Mac’s at the grill

More a case of poor marketing I think.

I can assure you  pies are big big business in Nz and the competition for sales is fierce. Only the best survive. 
Heres a reference to the recent Pie of the year awards, which attracted hundreds of entrants. The list of all the varieties is at the end of the article ...Note our local Baker in Orewa , who won a gold award for his Morrocan Lamb Pie. The supreme award went to the old favourite mince and cheese which was baked and presented to perfection.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/114617798/new-zealands-best-mince-and-cheese-takes-baker-to-historic-pie-awards-win

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

More a case of poor marketing I think.

I can assure you  pies are big big business in Nz and the competition for sales is fierce. Only the best survive. 
Heres a reference to the recent Pie of the year awards, which attracted hundreds of entrants. The list of all the varieties is at the end of the article ...Note our local Baker in Orewa , who won a gold award for his Morrocan Lamb Pie. The supreme award went to the old favourite mince and cheese which was baked and presented to perfection.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/114617798/new-zealands-best-mince-and-cheese-takes-baker-to-historic-pie-awards-win

So young David, are you a pie lover yourself? Do the Kiwis do the tomato sauce thing like us ? 

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

So young David, are you a pie lover yourself? Do the Kiwis do the tomato sauce thing like us ? 

The good old Watties tomato sauce.

It must be Watties !!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Nah, Rozella for me, been eating pies with it on since I was a little kid and that's a long while ago.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Oh yeah, love Watties, sauce and baked beans etc. A bit scarce over here.   I used to be able to buy it from Woolworths.

Edited by NSWP