Any Speculation on the Two Category Upgrade Promotion Perhaps Next Month?

ChucktownSteve

Chucktown Steve--we have long wanted to do a South Pacific cruise and even had one booked on Oceania Sirena for May 2019 which we ended up cancelling because of work commitments and also my worry I wouldn't like Oceania as much as Azamara :). I have also been tracking Paul Gauguin for several years and I just can't understand why it's so expensive. And you have to go way up in category to get a veranda stateroom -- the lowest levels are portholes and small windows. Every time I price PG out it comes to about $1,800 - $2K a day per couple. People seem to love PG but Oceania's prices are way more competitive.

Verandas have always been expensive on PG as there just aren't very many of them. The ship's capacity is 332 persons. PG prices include air from LAX. You can get that removed for a credit back if you have some other way to get there.

We have sailed her once and loved it. We will be joining her again this January. We are flying on Hawaiian Airlines, so our fare had $1850 pp removed. Although we are usually veranda people, we are fine on PG with a window. Love the ambience, no extra fee for restaurants, included beverages, and, of course, the location.

Verandas have always been expensive on PG as there just aren't very many of them. The ship's capacity is 332 persons. PG prices include air from LAX. You can get that removed for a credit back if you have some other way to get there.

We have sailed her once and loved it. We will be joining her again this January. We are flying on Hawaiian Airlines, so our fare had $1850 pp removed. Although we are usually veranda people, we are fine on PG with a window. Love the ambience, no extra fee for restaurants, included beverages, and, of course, the location.

Does Hawaiian still fly once a week?

Our U.K. office has full latitude to offer whichever promotion, not necessarily tied to the US/Canada promotions.

I understand that the benefit of the 30% Off promotion is that it offers value across all 4 room types, not simply verandas.

If you want further information it would be best to contact our U.K. MD by emailing rtwynam@azamara.com

1ece50507ccff89d992f3e42d1837968.jpg

87c258941cedd5fbbd22ce4d866e2943.jpg

I think you are right Uktog. Having very recently booked 3 Azamara cruises, initially I was disappointed to hear that this double upgrade offer didn't apply to the UK and I nearly queried it with the excellent UK office because it seemed unfair. However from the print screens I took you will see that, allowing for exchange rates, the price for a balcony is almost exactly the same in the two markets and as Bonnie mentioned the suites are cheaper as they are included in the UK 30% discount sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1ece50507ccff89d992f3e42d1837968.jpg

87c258941cedd5fbbd22ce4d866e2943.jpg

I think you are right Uktog. Having very recently booked 3 Azamara cruises, initially I was disappointed to hear that this double upgrade offer didn't apply to the UK and I nearly queried it with the excellent UK office because it seemed unfair. However from the print screens I took you will see that, allowing for exchange rates, the price for a balcony is almost exactly the same in the two markets and as Bonnie mentioned the suites are cheaper as they are included in the UK 30% discount sale.

Not only that, but the price of the inside cabin increased by $1020 for the new 'promotion' and the veranda price is now $110 higher than it was before the promotion.

cb7dab91eb8f6b611422846230b931cf.jpg

Someone from the US posted in another thread that the double upgrade secured a balcony guarantee only. They couldn't pick a cabin. This is certainly not how the double upgrade promo has worked in the past. Wonder if that precludes it from the $398 LCV upgrade program?

Phil

We booked our double upgrade from the club interior that we had originally booked and we were able to choose our veranda cabin. Not a guarantee for us. We also retained our early booking OBC which was raised by $50 per person to $200 each. Since we had originally booked a Category 10 we also received a price reduction of $200 each since the double upgrade promotion price was based on the lowest priced interior. So we basically came out $500 to the good plus with a Veranda cabin (that we chose) for the much discussed Transatlantic.

Someone from the US posted in another thread that the double upgrade secured a balcony guarantee only. They couldn't pick a cabin. This is certainly not how the double upgrade promo has worked in the past. Wonder if that precludes it from the $398 LCV upgrade program?

Phil

I could pick a cabin on an online TA site yesterday. Didn't book it but you could certainly pick one.

Phil

Phil, I booked my upcoming cruise during the double upgrade offer last year, applied for the LCV upgrade, and was lucky enough to get the call to pay to upgrade to the CW Owner's Suite, so that program still applies.

Cheryl

Does Hawaiian still fly once a week?

Yes. Our flights are on Saturdays. We are taking a 10 day cruise that leaves on Wednesday so we are flying in the previous Saturday and spending a few days on Moorea.

Nancy

Chucktown Steve--we have long wanted to do a South Pacific cruise and even had one booked on Oceania Sirena for May 2019 which we ended up cancelling because of work commitments and also my worry I wouldn't like Oceania as much as Azamara :). I have also been tracking Paul Gauguin for several years and I just can't understand why it's so expensive. And you have to go way up in category to get a veranda stateroom -- the lowest levels are portholes and small windows. Every time I price PG out it comes to about $1,800 - $2K a day per couple. People seem to love PG but Oceania's prices are way more competitive.

Another option for French Polynesia is Windstar

Phil, I booked my upcoming cruise during the double upgrade offer last year, applied for the LCV upgrade, and was lucky enough to get the call to pay to upgrade to the CW Owner's Suite, so that program still applies.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl. Yes, that happened to me too (the good old days!), but I suspect it's going to happen less and less going forward with Azamara including the Club Continent Suites in the LCV upgrade program, albeit at a greater price than $398. I actually think this is very fair though. My cabin of choice now is an outside unless I splurge on a suite so for me a percentage off the price of any cabin works better for me. Well it would if the prices were tempting, but they aren't at all!

Phil

Hi Cheryl. Yes, that happened to me too (the good old days!), but I suspect it's going to happen less and less going forward with Azamara including the Club Continent Suites in the LCV upgrade program, albeit at a greater price than $398. I actually think this is very fair though.

Yes, including CC suites in the LCV upgrade will likely make it more difficult to be offered an upgrade from a veranda to a big, corner suite. But it might make it somewhat easier to get an upgrade offer from a veranda to a CC suite if one or two people in CC suites accept upgrades to corner suites, thereby freeing up CC suites..

Yes, including CC suites in the LCV upgrade will likely make it more difficult to be offered an upgrade from a veranda to a big, corner suite. But it might make it somewhat easier to get an upgrade offer from a veranda to a CC suite if one or two people in CC suites accept upgrades to corner suites, thereby freeing up CC suites..

My LCV upgrade on the fall T/A in '15 on Journey was a veranda to a CC suite for the $398...have my fingers crossed for an upgrade in 2 months on Quest T/A...but not sure that is going to happen! LuAnn

My LCV upgrade on the fall T/A in '15 on Journey was a veranda to a CC suite for the $398...have my fingers crossed for an upgrade in 2 months on Quest T/A...but not sure that is going to happen! LuAnn

Yes, $398 to upgrade TO a CC suite from a veranda. Phil was referring to an upgrade FROM a CC suite to a big, corner suite, and that would be more than $398.

Phil

That was me.

I checked with a TA and he said "the V1's are still being updated by the inventory department and can't be booked at the moment"

So it seems it has nothing to do with the promotion. V3 cabins are available and can be selected.

Phil

Not wishing to put words in Phil's mouth, BUT, the LCV $398 upgrade 'offer' does not apply if you book a GUAR cabin. Soooo, in the case of those people booking under the double upgrade offer and being given a GUAR, can they apply for the LCV upgrade, or does it preclude them from taking advantage of that 'perk??

Not wishing to put words in Phil's mouth, BUT, the LCV $398 upgrade 'offer' does not apply if you book a GUAR cabin. Soooo, in the case of those people booking under the double upgrade offer and being given a GUAR, can they apply for the LCV upgrade, or does it preclude them from taking advantage of that 'perk??

Read the post above yours. V1 verandas will be assigned after the "inventory is...updated." No reason not to submit an upgrade request.

• 2 weeks later...
I will wait and see what comes up but as a single passenger it's noticeable by its absence that the 25% suppliment is being allowed to die on the vine. No updates for 2018 and just a handful of cruises listed. It's also of note that the Azamara Cruises are jumping in price. But a point for Azamara to realise, if you push the prices too high and bring yourselves into Seabourn or Silverseas territory your loyal passengers will jump ship! I've already booked two on Silverseas for 2018 and none on Azamara! I doubt I will be the only one!!

Hi TopForm,

Our Solo Cruise Deals now features five voyages in December 2017 and five voyages in 2018.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/luxury-cruise-deals/solo-cruise-deals

Hi TopForm,

Our Solo Cruise Deals now features five voyages in December 2017 and five voyages in 2018.

Hmmm, interesting. That link takes me to the US site and includes the JR Christmas cruise. On the UK site (the poster TopForm is from the UK) there are only three December cruises as reduced single supplement and the Christmas cruise isn't one of them. Is this because the site hasn't been updated here or does the reduced single supplement deals vary according to the country's market? I was interested in the Christmas cruise, but not at more than twice the price I paid last year.

Phil

Hi TopForm,

Thanks for the information Bonnie. The ones in 2018 are repositioning cruises from and to the same areas where the solo cruise deals have been offered in the last years. Unfortunately or fortunately :confused: I have been already there a couple of times. Probably other solo cruisers also. Am I cruising too much? Is there a hope at solo discounts in the Mediterranean or Nordeurope?