Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

I don't think you were making it up. On our recent cruise on Ventura the Captain was talking over the cabin speaker telling us about lots of interesting things they were rolling out on the ships. Itinerary's, food etc. I was sure he was taking about drinks packages but couldn't make out what he said as he was a bit of a mumbler. I remember having a conversation about how much we would pay if it happened.

I don't think you were making it up. On our recent cruise on Ventura the Captain was talking over the cabin speaker telling us about lots of interesting things they were rolling out on the ships. Itinerary's, food etc. I was sure he was taking about drinks packages but couldn't make out what he said as he was a bit of a mumbler. I remember having a conversation about how much we would pay if it happened.

Unfortunately I don't know how to or even if it's possible to post the P&O tweet here, or I would share it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We have had a drinks package on Celebrity and find it just makes life simpler with no nasty surprises at the end when the bill comes in!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I asked P&O about the rumours that they were trialling AI. They replied that they are trialling it on one ship but have not made a decision to roll it out to others. This was a reply from P&O to my question on Twitter. Sorry if it's hard to believe but that's what they said. :)
I am not doubting you at all. I have also heard it is going to happen only it has not been reported to have started.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

They didn't tell me that but said if I wanted further information, to DM them. I wasn't interested enough to do that. I am beginning to slightly resent the implication that I'm making this up! Why not ask them yourself?

I also don't doubt you. I think it's a sad inevitability, given P&O's determination to change their market position in a direction that could well put us off cruising with them. I'm just staggered that, given the relatively minor stuff that generates threads on this forum (there is a very long one regarding putting nightclothes in drawers at the moment that beggars belief), there has not been a single reference to it from anyone who has experienced it, especially as it has generated an awful lot of debate in the past even when just being suggested.

I also don't doubt you. I think it's a sad inevitability, given P&O's determination to change their market position in a direction that could well put us off cruising with them. I'm just staggered that, given the relatively minor stuff that generates threads on this forum (there is a very long one regarding putting nightclothes in drawers at the moment that beggars belief), there has not been a single reference to it from anyone who has experienced it, especially as it has generated an awful lot of debate in the past even when just being suggested.

Night clothes in drawers?? As you say, beggars belief!

On Arcadia at the moment, no menu for large bottles of in cabin spirits. Have been told they are no more!:(

That’s at least Arcadia and Oceana that they have stopped doing large bottles of spirits in room service.

They didn't tell me that but said if I wanted further information, to DM them. I wasn't interested enough to do that. I am beginning to slightly resent the implication that I'm making this up! Why not ask them yourself?

quby33, I saw the reply to your tweet yesterday. Hopefully someone who is on the unknown ship where it is being trialled will let us know what form the trial is taking.

We are on Ventura next month so interested to know if it is Ventura.

There was a video posted on Youtube about a month ago in which it was stated that they were going to trial an all inclusive drinks package. Strangely, that video has now been removed by P & O, so make of that what you will.

Well there you are the word has been passed from on high. The trial is to happen on Azura in the next week or so.

Now that is from a source, how good a one I don’t know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well there you are the word has been passed from on high. The trial is to happen on Azura in the next week or so.

Now that is from a source, how good a one I don’t know.

On Twitter P&O's reply to quby33 was that trial was already started but did not say on which ship.

On Twitter P&O's reply to quby33 was that trial was already started but did not say on which ship.

As I have said I do not think it has started. I think that the P&O person forgot the word, going.

Matters little unless you are on Azura in the next few weeks.

Just heard from my TA who has spoken to P & O who deny all knowledge of this.

Seriously beginning to wish I'd never said anything! I don't know if the Twitter thing is run from the UK or the US. May be left hands and right hands?

This is all very strange, because my TA spoke to someone higher up the chain at P & O again about this and they emphasised to him that they were definitely NOT introducing any new drinks packages. They are aware of this thread and are looking into it.

This is all very strange, because my TA spoke to someone higher up the chain at P & O again about this and they emphasised to him that they were definitely NOT introducing any new drinks packages. They are aware of this thread and are looking into it.

Maybe their Twitter feed has been hijacked. As I have already mentioned, I regret ever mentioning this. I'm off!!

Maybe their Twitter feed has been hijacked. As I have already mentioned, I regret ever mentioning this. I'm off!!

Don’t go, Host Hattie has confirmed with P&O that your tweet reply was accurate.

Just wish I could understand why you can no longer order a bottle of spirits from room service. I decided not to buy at duty free prices in the cruise terminal in Malta because room service prices previously mentioned on this thread was still reasonable.

It would appear that P&O are betwixt and between on its drinks strategy at the moment, I boarded with intention of buying a wine package but never did as the choice of wines was significantly less than on the full wine list.

Neil

Host Hattie has got confirmation Twitter from P&O and it is Azura who are testing a drinks package.

I appreciate your genuine post and thank you for posting but can understand some people's scepticism because there are some wind up merchants posting too.