Best time to book

msk1955

Am I right in thinking that P & O release Saver fares 90 days before embarkation? I am not fussed about a particular deck or cabin, so would it be worth me waiting until then to look at prices? I am interested in the Norwegian Fjords cruises next July.

Am I right in thinking that P & O release Saver fares 90 days before embarkation? I am not fussed about a particular deck or cabin, so would it be worth me waiting until then to look at prices? I am interested in the Norwegian Fjords cruises next July.

Not necessarily. It depends on how well that cruise is selling.

Also they are not guaranteed to be cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the last few years we have found the best prices are the day the cruises are released. We booked a cruise for february 2018 when the brochure was released last year and the price is now £300 more per person. We have to book early because my husband needs an adapted cabin but we would book it anyway to save money. On the otherhand if you don,t mind which cabin you have take a chance!

You can wait and see and you might be lucky but there are no guarantees that a Saver will become available if the cruise has sold well and like has been said it might not be cheaper than when the cruise first went on sail. Problem is that the cruises for July 2018 have been on sale for a while now and they might have risen considerably since release. My advice is wait and monitor prices and see if it comes down or you get a good deal on OBC if not hope that it is reduced if a Saver becomes available.

To be honest the cruises for next year have been on sale for so long it will do no harm to wait. Between now and New Year are likely to be the highest prices anyway unless it sells very well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked 7 weeks ago and our cruise has now gone up £150 each and the obc is less, there's another 7 weeks to go

It may well go down a lot, who knows

I think the best time to book it is when you find a price you're happy to pay

And you'll always find people who have paid hundreds less than you and those who have paid more, I'm only interested in what I've paid so don't take much notice of them