Hurricane Irma Watch

The RC site on my computer shows noon update today with no change. Waiting for a 6:00 p.m. update....

Clear your temporary internet files and try again. The site does an awful job of dealing with cached copies of that page. Do you hear me RCCL web site developers. How about adding no-cache & expire headers and meta tags.

Captain of Harmony just updated us. We are expected to go into port tomorrow around noon. We still have to wait for approval by USCG but it is expected to be by noon. The other guests are expected to board around 5pm. There is also a rumor that Christian Bale will be on board to film a movie! They will be filming in Coastal Kitchen and 150 Central Park!

Yes, and as I remember, there were shops up there by the gate to the pier that are gone:oalso the big bridge to the Ferry terminal with the orange roof is broken up and scattered up on shore:o

This picture is the north pier closest to bay so you wont see the shops. The other pier south thats next to it is where the gates/shops are.

Jetblue has had a flight from JFK and a flight from BOS land at MCO already. Maybe it was only bringing in flight crews, but if you check Flightaware, you will see the flights.

The FAA site is also showing MCO as open, as well as MIA.

Now that they are open, commercial operations can resume soon as the link you posted shows.

No flights avail for tomorrow, had reserved rental car but now "unavailable".. tried other sites, same outcome....most hotels closed....what and where do we go overnight since probs nothing until weds.....

I'm sure am one of many......any suggestions....anyone.... ???? :eek: Thanks for any input/advise

No flights avail for tomorrow, had reserved rental car but now "unavailable".. tried other sites, same outcome....most hotels closed....what and where do we go overnight since probs nothing until weds.....

I'm sure am one of many......any suggestions....anyone.... ???? :eek: Thanks for any input/advise

Which ship/where?

Oops, yes that would help wouldn't it... duh. Sorry... mind a bit frazzled I guess... Harmony/Ft Laud. Trying to get back to Tampa Bay Area want to get a rental and drive home asap....see what "surprises" are waiting for me at my house!! Ugh.... any locals that know of rental car places open tomorrow?

Oops, yes that would help wouldn't it... duh. Sorry... mind a bit frazzled I guess... Harmony/Ft Laud. Trying to get back to Tampa Bay Area want to get a rental and drive home asap....see what "surprises" are waiting for me at my house!! Ugh.... any locals that know of rental car places open tomorrow?

I would suggest trying to hitch a ride back to the area with someone from your rollcall that might have driven to the port, but it might be too late to try to carpool with someone.

From an article posted on the Sun Sentinel website tonight (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-bz-airports-ports-irma-monday-update-20170911-story.html):

Carnival Cruise Lines, which has ships waiting to return to Port Everglades and PortMiami, said those ships are positioned to return Tuesday.

Carnival,
and Norwegian have all canceled or altered itineraries because of Irma. Outgoing passengers are advised to check with their cruise lines for information on planned sailings.

PortMiami is scheduled to open Tuesday.

According to the PBI website:

Only 1 Delta departure today. No other airlines operating today out of PBI. Other airlines plan to resume service Tuesday. Thank you for your patience as we work to return to normal operations. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR AIRLINE FOR ADDITIONAL FLIGHT INFORMATION.

I would suggest trying to hitch a ride back to the area with someone from your rollcall that might have driven to the port, but it might be too late to try to carpool with someone.

Too late. Met some people from roll call but not in my area.....good suggestion tho! Still looking at hotels, all booked up or closed... oh dear.

I still have no power and my cell service is spotty... can anyone confirm that oasis is still a go for tomorrow?

We lost our fence and had massive trees go down in our yard but thankfully missed our house. We are safe but have no power.... I'm ready to get on the ship already!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder what will happen to all those people from the ships? I mean if hotels are closed or booked cannot get a flight out or a car...!

Bad enough some residents are in dire straights...but introduce thousands more with no where to go. Shelters are packed..

Yikes!

Here is how bad it is. We arrived in Fort Lauderdale last night to get on Harmony today to find our hotel boarded up with no power so we ended up sleeping in our car last nignt. I tried my companies emergency travel number and there were no hotels within a 100 mile radius available. We also noticed many hotels even Hilton type properties were open but with no power. Almost no restaurants or food stores were open yesterday all the way down I95 in Florida or in Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully more will be open today but there are lots of areas without power. One side effect is no traffic lights are operational in the areas without power conjesting roads and resulting in accidents when people speed through the intersections. Very few gastions have power or gas and the ones that do have 1 to 2 block long lines. Gas buddy app has been a life saver to find stations with power and gas. Not much fun here looking forward to getting on the ship.

Here is how bad it is. We arrived in Fort Lauderdale last night to get on Harmony today to find our hotel boarded up with no power so we ended up sleeping in our car last nignt. I tried my companies emergency travel number and there were no hotels within a 100 mile radius available. We also noticed many hotels even Hilton type properties were open but with no power. Almost no restaurants or food stores were open yesterday all the way down I95 in Florida or in Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully more will be open today but there are lots of areas without power. One side effect is no traffic lights are operational in the areas without power conjesting roads and resulting in accidents when people speed through the intersections. Very few gastions have power or gas and the ones that do have 1 to 2 block long lines. Gas buddy app has been a life saver to find stations with power and gas. Not much fun here looking forward to getting on the ship.

Thank you for posting this because it gives those of us at home a better understanding.

You will probably have a long day today as the port and ships try and get everything back together. Please know that those of us at home who love to cruise will be keeping you and other passengers in our hearts/prayers.

Good Luck

Thank you for your update! really appreciate that! would you mind to share which hotel were you supposed to stay?

I am flying out on Friday and still unable to reach my hotel .... but i guess many of the hotels in FLL have no power anyways...

Very interesting dialogue going on between Oasis, Conquest and the Pilot boat with harbor master on the Miami cam!

Coast Guard just evaced a man with respiratory distress from Oasis and is on its way into port. They also talked about everyone drifting out there beyond the buoys and giving the passengers a good view of one another...it's like a reunion....not to make light of it...just thought its so interesting...hope the man is O.K.