Hurricane Irma Watch

I'm bummed about oasis change to Wednesday but I sort of anticipated it when I saw the storm slow down... my house is as ready as it can be for Irma and we are now just sitting and waiting. I think RC has been beyond generous with the refunds and future cruise credits they are offering. I pray we get on the boat on Wednesday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm bummed about oasis change to Wednesday but I sort of anticipated it when I saw the storm slow down... my house is as ready as it can be for Irma and we are now just sitting and waiting. I think RC has been beyond generous with the refunds and future cruise credits they are offering. I pray we get on the boat on Wednesday!!!

We changed our Tuesday flight out of Daytona to Barcelona for Freedom Presidents Cruise to Wednesday. I'm hoping we did the right thing. Just hoping we get thru this storm unscathed.

And just what roads or those. Are you speculating and guessing?

Yes, everyone including the news media is speculating and guessing. It seems to reason (with a bit of education and mostly common sense) that a cat 5 hurricane will cause structural damage along with additional damage from a 12 plus storm surge. Key West and the whole state of Florida is barely above sea level. I'm praying that the connecting bridge, rt 1 is not too damaged.

Troy, haven't you turned on your TV to see what a cat 5 can do? Grow up with your comments trying to get your count up. You are wasting space.

Yes, everyone including the news media is speculating and guessing. It seems to reason (with a bit of education and mostly common sense) that a cat 5 hurricane will cause structural damage along with additional damage from a 12 plus storm surge. Key West and the whole state of Florida is barely above sea level. I'm praying that the connecting bridge, rt 1 is not too damaged.

Troy, haven't you turned on your TV to see what a cat 5 can do? Grow up with your comments trying to get your count up. You are wasting space.

Were we not talking about the roads to get to the cruise ships. Not aware of any ships ported in Key West. Roads to most ports are very stable.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

We we not talking about the roads to get to the cruise ships. Not aware of any ships ported in Key West.

My parents are booked on an Empress cruise in October from Tampa to Key West and Cuba! They are very interested in how things play out - they too hope the road/bridge to KW is not wiped out as that would likely impact their stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, everyone including the news media is speculating and guessing. Key West and the whole state of Florida is barely above sea level.

And you are guessing too....the average elevation of Florida is 100 feet above sea level.

Your edit still makes no sense.

I thought the discussion was about people getting to the ports to cruise. Matthew washed out about a 4 mile stretch of A1A. There are other roads to use.

What roads were you talking about washing out that would affect or prevent people from getting to a cruise??

Oasis captain just announced that will delay docking in Port Canaveral until Wednesday. Costa Maya will be added to our itinerary tomorrow and then two days at sea.

Lou

I'm thinking what the precious poster said, I bet they're at the max double occupancy number, and someone threw out 3k. I'm sure they wouldn't do that. I bet there's controls built into the manifest software that doesn't allow someone to exceed that number.

I had to make this clarification, I'm sorry for the autocorrect. It came out precious and I meant previous. Sorry to whom that was directed as it came off unintentionally snarky.

My university (UCF) has closed for Tuesday as well.

My biggest concern for those on the east coast is that US 1 will get washed out again.

US 1 did NOT get washed out. A small stretch of A1A on Flagler Beach got washed out. The new road is temporary and I fully expect it to be damaged again. There are plenty of roads that run parallel to A1A.

It only effected a few local businesses, otherwise it had very little impact. St Augustine got some surge but were open within days.

The destruction of St Thomas and St Maarten are not comparable construction.

The following sailings are canceled: NEW: Majesty of the Seas: September 15 Bahamas cruise

We are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for humanitarian efforts in areas of the Caribbean with urgent need.

Well in to RCI

NCL is using NCL Sky to help evacuate stranded tourists from USVI.

The following sailings are canceled: NEW: Majesty of the Seas: September 15 Bahamas cruise

We are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for humanitarian efforts in areas of the Caribbean with urgent need.

Well in to RCI

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10

The Adventure is also going to stop in St Maarten as a humanitarian stop. It's noted that the Majesty will help evacuate some people.

And it appears that RCI isn't going to be the only one doing that.