dkata

Anyone use Skyroam?

Has any one used Sky Roam internationally? Did it work? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?

We are going to Australia and New Zealand and wonder how well it works there.

It says it can connect 5 devices to it and I have 3 devices.

I am thinking about buying the device for $80 and then just using it on the days I need it for $8 a day.

that Seems much cheaper than renting for a full 24 day trip where 4 days are out at sea and it doesn't work at sea but if you rent it for $9.99/day you pay for those days whether you use it or not.

No feedback on SkyRoam? I've used TEP in the UK. It appears to be almost identical to SkyRoam and was hoping for some feedback for comparisons sake.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Forums mobile app

Wow, I spent an hour writing a review and this website logged me out and erased everything when I hit the submit button, ***:mad:

They are both small, international hot spots that allow up to 5 devices to connect. The pricing on both is similar : about $8/day for "unlimited" wifi.

They are both small, international hot spots that allow up to 5 devices to connect. The pricing on both is similar : about $8/day for "unlimited" wifi.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I used skyroam in the Baltic and Med cruises and it seems to work pretty good with multiple devices. I got WiFi on a sea day sailing thru the Greek isles. I like having to buy 24 hrs at a time vs a whole block of days plus rental fees. It’s cheaper owning the device.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

> I like having to buy 24 hrs at a time vs a whole block of days plus rental fees. It’s cheaper owning the device.

Yes, if I were to use a similar device again I'd purchase it before the trip. That's partly why I asked for info comparing TEP to SkyRoam.

Good morning. Just wondering whether anyone has additional info on this thread re "skyroam". We are cruising Southern Caribbean soon and have the device. Wondering if will work on the ship? Thank you in advance.

Only when you are within range of a island with towers will it work. Coming in/out port or sailing by.

I can tell you that It won't work on the ship if you're out of the reach of land-based cellular signals. Someone else will have to chime in with how long/how often you'll have a signal.

Thanks so much!

Only when you are within range of a island with towers will it work. Coming in/out port or sailing by.

Thanks so much!

I can tell you that It won't work on the ship if you're out of the reach of land-based cellular signals. Someone else will have to chime in with how long/how often you'll have a signal.