Cruise Critic Community
NantahalaCruiser

The World is Open Sale Changes

Yesterday, Celebrity's "Summer Savings Event" sale ended and was replaced by the new "The World is Open" sale. I happened to be tracking prices for a 13 night January 2019 New Zealand cruise and saw the following differences: for both a 2B Verandah and an A2 Aqua Class, prices rose by $150 pp while the perks increased from one to two.

Since I would have selected the Classic Beverage Package as my perk under the old sale, my second perk under the new sale will be pre-paid gratuities of $175.50 pp for a 2B or $182 pp for an A2.

So the new sale, relative to the old sale, will save me either $25.50 pp for a 2B or $32.00 pp for an A2.

Has anyone else seen the same $150 pp price increase for other cruises?

Yes, I saw the same thing on cruises I have booked. From what I can see, the $150 price rise is due to the removal of the " save $150 pp " discount that was in the Summer Sale.

I agree that , assuming you take the beverages as your first pick, the second perk, whichever one you pick, is close or equal to the $150. A voyage longer than 7 days can definitely make the gratuities or internet as perk worth changing to the new sale.

Checked out our Aug 2018 Ireland and Iceland booking. We would save $35 pp but I didn't think it was worth taking a chance of a glitch resulting in losing our cabin deck 7 mid ship. Our select dinner reservations are just when we want them and are linked with reservations of a lovely couple from Australia whom we met on a recent cruise. They signed up on this one to travel with us. It sounded like too much hassle for $35 pp.

The cruise I'm eyeing for 2019 went up $100 pp but it also went down $100 pp for the previous sale so still a decent deal when you add the second perk

Checked out our Aug 2018 Ireland and Iceland booking. We would save $35 pp but I didn't think it was worth taking a chance of a glitch resulting in losing our cabin deck 7 mid ship. Our select dinner reservations are just when we want them and are linked with reservations of a lovely couple from Australia whom we met on a recent cruise. They signed up on this one to travel with us. It sounded like too much hassle for $35 pp.

I agree! Not worth the hassle!

Yesterday, Celebrity's "Summer Savings Event" sale ended and was replaced by the new "The World is Open" sale. I happened to be tracking prices for a 13 night January 2019 New Zealand cruise and saw the following differences: for both a 2B Verandah and an A2 Aqua Class, prices rose by $150 pp while the perks increased from one to two.

Since I would have selected the Classic Beverage Package as my perk under the old sale, my second perk under the new sale will be pre-paid gratuities of $175.50 pp for a 2B or $182 pp for an A2.

So the new sale, relative to the old sale, will save me either $25.50 pp for a 2B or $32.00 pp for an A2.

Has anyone else seen the same $150 pp price increase for other cruises?

Am rather late to the party, lol :D

Anyway, we have a Feb 2019 Australia and NZ cruise booked, but due to family commitments it looks like we won't be able to make it. Would ideally like to book the same sailing for 2019 but I can't seem to find it, not sure if it has been announced yet. Where/how have you been tracking the Jan 2019 sailing?

I want to book an alternative cruise before Oct 2 while the 2 perk deal is still on as we have 2 perks on our original booking. If the 2019 Australia & NZ schedule isn't yet up guess I'll have to book something else instead.

Am rather late to the party, lol :D

Anyway, we have a Feb 2019 Australia and NZ cruise booked, but due to family commitments it looks like we won't be able to make it. Would ideally like to book the same sailing for 2019 but I can't seem to find it, not sure if it has been announced yet. Where/how have you been tracking the Jan 2019 sailing?

I want to book an alternative cruise before Oct 2 while the 2 perk deal is still on as we have 2 perks on our original booking. If the 2019 Australia & NZ schedule isn't yet up guess I'll have to book something else instead.

Did you mean you have a Feb 2018 sailing booked & you want to move it to 2019??

The 2019 Australia/NZ sailing are available for booking. If you are using the US website the selection for departure dates makes it appears as though there is nothing beyond 2018. If you move the departure dates box down the 2019 months appear.