Cruise Critic Community
Cmdg37

Shoe Advice

Hope you still reading all the replies Cmdg37.

I try to stick to 3 pairs of shoes limit but end up with 5 if you count flipflops/thongs.

Can i ask why you feel you need another pair of shoes and what role are each of the other pairs are playing.

Heels, flats, running shoes AND an athletic pair?

What do you need the athletic shoes for? Is it for general walking around.

If trying to pack lite can any of these shoes double duty. Are heels and ballett flats for evening/dinner? Can you get away with just one pair. Why do you need running shoes? Are you planning on working out if so could you wear the Athletic shoes for that too?

I like naturalizer brand for flats. I find them so comfy and can walk around all day as if wearing running shoes. Some are more casual than others but i chose a pair for work that i can wear out too.

I have a pair of Converse that are similar to the shoreline one but as actually more of a ballett flat. They have fake laces. i love these. They arent bulky so i can wear them with shorts or even casual skirts and dresses. But still look good with cargo pants and jeans. Mine are lite blue and go with alot of my blue clothing as well as my black jeans.

Hope you have luck finding the right pair

What a great thread! For me the most important packing item is shoes. I have cranky feet and ankles and Europe, or any long trip on hard concrete floors make them a problem. I would urge you to take a look at Eddie Bauer’s website. The have my all time fave travel shoe on sale for $39.....

The name is stone. It is in ballet flat with rubber sole and great inner support. I wear them with slacks, crops and longer shorts. They need very little breaking in. They are sturdy enuf to hold up on wet cobblestones.

Highly recommend as they have been on at least a half dozen trips to Italy, Greece, Spain etc. A little bit more stylish than my go to Cole Haan sneakers.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a great thread! For me the most important packing item is shoes. I have cranky feet and ankles and Europe, or any long trip on hard concrete floors make them a problem. I would urge you to take a look at Eddie Bauer’s website. The have my all time fave travel shoe on sale for $39.....

The name is stone. It is in ballet flat with rubber sole and great inner support. I wear them with slacks, crops and longer shorts. They need very little breaking in. They are sturdy enuf to hold up on wet cobblestones.

Highly recommend as they have been on at least a half dozen trips to Italy, Greece, Spain etc. A little bit more stylish than my go to Cole Haan sneakers.

Have fun!

Sorry. Autocorrect......the style name is “Stine ballet”. Just ordered a pair in black. The grey is a great color too.