scpv

Things to do/see in New orleans

We will be in New Orleans in December prior to our cruise. We only have 1 full day. What are some must dos/sees? Also it must be kid friendly. Our kids aren't little so some walking is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Forums mobile app

Among the popular attractions in close proximity to the port are the WWII Museum, the aquarium, the insectarium, the river boat cruises to Jean Lafita National Park, tours of the French Quarter and general exploring on your own.

If you explore on your own, I recommend the French Market, Royal street for its art galleries and shops, and Jackson Square. If you want to go further afield for food or activities, I or others can recommend them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check toursbylocals.com. They have several interesting walking tours of the French Quarter, St. Louis cemetery, etc. No fixed fee. At the end you pay what you think it was worth.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

There are a gazillion (estimated) posts on this very topic you can look through. Is there a reason why you're repeating this question.

There are a gazillion (estimated) posts on this very topic you can look through. Is there a reason why you're repeating this question.

Eat a snickers, grumpy.

[YOUTUBE]UQnD0X2cQmo[/YOUTUBE]

Eat a snickers, grumpy.

Brilliant.

Related: this site needs like/dislike and helpful/unhelpful buttons.

Brilliant.

The idea that eating a Snickers will answer the OPers question is silly.

Brilliant.

The idea that eating a Snickers will answer the OPers question is silly.

Just out of NOLA on a land tour. Had a great time. Warning that Bourbon Street is currently 10/17 being completely torn up to install new water pipes. Hard to stroll up and down. Royal Street was nicer for walking. We stayed in Royal Sonesta — Several specials due to the construction. It was so great to be right in the middle of everything. Within 2-3 blocks we ate at Red Fish. Curio . Broussard’s. Many others also but we just walked up and looked at menus. We had lovely food for less than $30 per meal without alcohol. The WW2 museum is fantastic. Well worth 4 hours or so. Senior fee is $23. Well done with lots of AV displays. Follow a soldier/sailor for personal slant to experience. My father was in WW2 so even more interesting. For music I suggest going to New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park. Free. Check the schedule for concerts and Ranger led activities. It was so great the day we went. Rangers are all musicians and can tell you where to find jazz that day/night. Just down from Cafe du Monde and their powder sugared treats. Nearby is the paddle steamer Natchez with several cruises a day. Hope you love NOLA as much as we did. Lots to do many choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums