Cruise Critic Community
NantahalaCruiser

Expected Caribbean supply and demand impact on prices

With the extensive damage to several Eastern Caribbean Islands, many Eastern Caribbean cruises will undoubtedly be switched to the Western Caribbean. My expectation is that the resulting increase in supply of Western Caribbean cruises will be greater than the associated increase in demand and thus market pressure should push Western Caribbean cruise prices down to some degree.

It's probably too soon for price declines to have taken place since only a few East to West switches have been announced; just wondered if anyone has seen price drops in Western Caribbean (or relocated Eastern Caribbean) cruises yet?

Seriously? Less than 3 days after the first, main landfall? Good God people, be patient! The number of dead is still being tallied, people are still being rescued, and you are asking about price increases or decreases? This isn't going to resolve in 72 hours!

Unbelievable!

I think it is way too early to speculate what itineraries will be offered.

Give it a few weeks.

In the meantime our thoughts go out to all of those who have been impacted by this catastrophic event including all of those in Florida.

Keith

I think we need to take a step back and take a deep breath. Lets get the people rescued and back on their feet. Then we can worry if it produces a cost benefit to cruisers.

I think it is way too early to speculate what itineraries will be offered. Give it a few weeks. In the meantime our thoughts go out to all of those who have been impacted by this catastrophic event including all of those in Florida.
I agree. And I surely wouldn't be sanguine about some lower cruise fare I got because of the misery of so many. While surely some itineraries will be affected, let's not start by assuming that the Eastern Caribbean couldn't offer attractive cruises, but rather than they will.